OverviewCanadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington Dufferin GLOWW Youth Engagement Facilitator Contract in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington Dufferin
Branch Kitchener-Waterloo ON CA
GLOWW Youth Engagement Facilitator
University degree, college diploma in health or social services, or other related field. Understanding of Guelph Wellington mental health services, resources…
We are recruiting for a GLOWW YOUTH ENGAGEMENT FACILITATOR
- This is a contract part-time role (14 hours per week) until March 31, 2016 based in Guelph/Wellington.
The GLOWW Youth Engagement Facilitator will provide support to GLOWW (Giving Light Offers Worth and Wellness) focused on their vision of building hope in a world where mental health is celebrated. GLOWW members are youth aged 13-20 who design and lead health promotion campaigns carried out through multiple platforms such as social media, school and community presentations and events. GLOWW requires adult support to coordinate access to resources, funding, logistical organization and connections to local partners to continue their social change movement of reducing the stigma associated with mental illness.
The successful candidate will possess:
- University degree, college diploma in health or social services, or other related field
- Experience working with diverse populations of youth, with an understanding of current youth issues
- Knowledge of youth engagement principles and well-developed youth engagement skills
- Understanding of Guelph Wellington mental health services, resources and supports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently (self-directed), and also able to collaborate effectively with others
- Skilled in multi-tasking in a creative, dynamic environment
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the initiative
- Shared values and philosophy of the organization
- Valid G license, access to a reliable vehicle and proof of insurance
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to
Competition #2015-084 before 5:00 p.m. on September 27, 2015.
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington Dufferin
80 Waterloo Ave, Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: [email protected]
fax (519) 821-9865
CMHA WWD, as an employment equity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WWD.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Kitchener, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-09-23