OverviewCanadian Embassy Administrative Support Clerk Contract in London, ON
Branch London ON CA
Administrative Support Clerk
Experience in assisting with Events. Under the general supervision of the Chief Clerk, the Central Registry and Administrative Support Clerk is accountable for…
Under the general supervision of the Chief Clerk, the Central Registry and Administrative Support Clerk is accountable for the effective discharge of a diversified range of Administrative, Financial, and other support services relating to the effective operation of the Unit Central Registry within the Support Services Section.
The Central Registry and Administrative Support Clerk is responsible for the operation and management of the Unit Central Registry desk.
Candidates will initially be screened on the essential qualifications below and must demonstrate in their cover letter how they meet these criteria.
– Education: GCSE or equivalent (i.e. minimum High School Diploma)
– Experience: The candidate must have minimum 6 months recent* experience working in an office environment in a clerical or administrative support capacity.
*Recent experience is defined as within last 2 years.
– Experience: Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) databases and internet
– Language requirement: Fluency in English
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to adapt and learn quickly new work and processes
• Effective Interactive Communication
• Client Focus
• Teamwork and Cooperation
Preference may be given to candidates who have the following asset qualifications. Candidates must also clearly demonstrate how they meet these factors in their cover letter.
– Ability to read, write and understand and/or communicate in French
– Experience in assisting with Events
Condition(s) of Employment:
– Hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week, worked Monday to Friday
– Any job offer is subject to receipt of satisfactory employment and character references and the ability to obtain and maintain security screening at the Reliability Status level, including a criminal and credit reference check.
– Copies of educational qualifications will be required at the interview stage of the process.
– Successful candidate must have a valid passport and the required documentation allowing the right to work in the UK. Documentation will be required. Must be currently resident in the UK.
Area of selection:
This position is open to candidates who are currently resident in the UK, who hold current documentation allowing them to work in the UK, who meet all of the essential requirements stated below, and whose applications are received by the closing date. Those candidates holding documentation/visas not renewable in the UK such as the Youth Mobility Visa will only be eligible to apply for this position if the expiry date of the visa exceeds the term duration (i.e. past July 2017).
Note: The High Commission of Canada does not reimburse any travel costs to and from interview nor does it reimburse any relocation costs. The High Commission of Canada does not sponsor work permit applications on behalf of candidates.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: London, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19