OverviewCanadian Diabetes Association Human Resources Associate Full Time in Toronto, ON
Canadian Diabetes Association
Branch Toronto ON CA
Human Resources Associate
.Coordinator supporting corporate events (flu shots, lunch and learns, wellness activities). Do you have a passion to make a difference?…
Do you have a passion to make a difference?
Are you looking to apply your multi-sector business acumen to help improve the lives of Canadians?
Do you want to help enrich the lives of those living with or at risk of Diabetes?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then consider a career with Canadian Diabetes Association (CDA). Current statistics reveal that over 11 million Canadians have diabetes or prediabetes in 2016 in Canada. The healthcare costs of this disease are staggering and diabetes rates are increasing.
In response, CDA is active in more than 150 Canadian communities and supports people living with diabetes through research, advocacy, education and services. The organization employs over 800 people and is supported by more than 42,000 volunteers. Our mission is to lead the fight against diabetes by helping people with diabetes live healthy lives while we work to find a cure. Further information about CDA and its mandate are available at www.diabetes.ca .
About the Human Resources Associate:
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative, and creative Human Resources Associate to join our fast-paced and spirited People team. You will be responsible for the Group Benefit Plan, Pension Plan and Group Retirement Savings Plan including all benefits administration and disability management as well as supporting the business partner program, promoting and supporting a broad range of Human Resources programs and policies and assisting with special projects.
You are the:
· First point-of-contact for employee inquiries
· Plan Administrator for group benefit plan
· Orientation guru conducting monthly benefits orientation for all employees and management
· Leave Management contact and provide guidance and advice to internal stakeholders
.Coordinator supporting corporate events (flu shots, lunch and learns, wellness activities).
From an HR perspective you:
· Provide coaching, leadership, guidance and communication to staff and management
· Initiate and recommend systems and procedures to streamline HR activities.
· Ensure on-going administration and communication of HR policies, systems and procedures.
Support HR Business Partners
· Research and report on legislation and sector best practices in Human Resources; including Employment Standards, health and safety and labour relations
· Assist with maintenance and update of Human Resources Policies for both CDA & NDT
· Participate in various projects and activities
You support the department by:
· Tracking various initiatives to ensure compliance
· Updating various systems and organizations
· Ensuring all employee documentation is uploaded and filed appropriately
· Collating and advising finance of all monthly accruals
· Preparing various reports and analyses to assist in identifying trends
As the successful candidate for this role, you exhibit a strong client/customer service focus, performance excellence, effective communication, strong organization, initiative and collaboration. In addition, you will have:
· An Undergraduate degree or diploma in Human Resources Management
· A CHRP or be in the process of achieving your CHRP
· A Minimum of 2 years demonstrated progressive Human Resources experience with at least one year of Benefit Administration experience
· Demonstrated knowledge and application of Human Resources practices, theory and human resources related legislation.
· Proficient computer skills – Microsoft Office
· Discretion, tact and good judgment with sensitive and confidential matters and well-honed problem solving skills
Apply with resume and cover letter to; www.diabetes.ca/careers
At the Canadian Diabetes Association, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
The Canadian Diabetes Association is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, or phone calls please, email applications will not be considered.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-19