OverviewCanadian Council for Aboriginal Business Research Associate Full Time in Toronto, ON
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
Branch Toronto ON CA
CCAB is a national nonprofit charitable organization founded in 1984, which is committed to the full time participation of Aboriginal peoples in the Canadian…
Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB)
CCAB invites applications for the full time position of a Research Associate. If you are hardworking, creative and a career oriented individual that is committed to working for the benefit of the Aboriginal community – we want to hear from you.
CCAB is a national nonprofit charitable organization founded in 1984, which is committed to the full time participation of Aboriginal peoples in the Canadian economy. CCAB offers knowledge resources and programs to both business Canada and the Aboriginal owned member companies to help foster relationships and economic opportunity in Canada.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Research the Research Associate will be responsible for the administration of the office and will enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs in a fast paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify potential research participants
- Execute the collection of quantitative and qualitative data;
- Support the summarizing and analyzing of data;
- Provide input into the creation and develop future research themes;
- Initiate, manage and expand strategic relationships;
- Follow up with stakeholders identified by management
- Support the development of regional and sectoral stakeholder networks
- Coordinate and track stakeholder engagement;
- Lead grant and proposal submissions; including project timelines, budgets and content development
- Lead marketing and communication of research projects/results;
- Lead research related events and travel
- Lead the negotiating of marketing vendors including graphics, video and photographer for events.
- Management of department web presence, social and traditional media responsibilities
- Participate in various projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field such as communications, political science or public relations;
- Min. 4-5 years’ experience working in a complex and dynamic environment coordinating multiple functions;
- 1- 2 years’ experience in a communication, advocacy, policy or research capacity would be an asset;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Superior customer service skills (including seeking new and innovative ways to solve stakeholder issues;
- Strong leadership / relationship building skills;
- Knowledge of and experience with Indigenous community, stakeholder communications, and engagement programs/tactics/tools;
- Expert software application proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and ideally, Sales Force;
- Event planning skills are an asset;
- Project management / time management / financial management skills, problem solving / analysis skills;
- Proficiency in French considered an asset.
This is a full-time one year contract position with an annual salary of $50,000. Those qualified are asked to submit a cover letter with a resume, outlining experience and suitability for the position. The deadline to apply for the position is February 21 st 2017.
Information regarding CCAB is available at www.ccab.com
We thank all applicants in advance however only those invited to be interviewed will be contacted. Please no telephone calls.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12