OverviewCanadian Angus Association Archivist (Summer Student) Temporary in Rocky View, AB
Canadian Angus Association
Branch Rocky View AB CA
Archivist (Summer Student)
Rocky View, AB
Create an artwork database of paintings, photographs, statues and bronzes to record each item’s value, how it was acquired, its historical value and other…
Title: Archivist (Summer Student)
Company: Canadian Angus Association
Location: Angus Central, Rocky View County, Alberta, Canada
Status: Full-Time, summer
The Canadian Angus Association seeks the assistance of a summer student to help organize and catalogue archive material. Working with the CAA Director of Communications, the Archivist will help to catalogue artwork, organize and record archival material, and assist with the new member history initiative. Because this position relies on achieving government funding, it is required that applicants be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year; and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
- Create an artwork database of paintings, photographs, statues and bronzes to record each item’s value, how it was acquired, its historical value and other pertinent information.
- Help organize the photograph collection, both print and digital, and identify individuals and animals.
- Write monthly reports on progress for the Canadian Angus Foundation Board of Directors.
- Prepare social media updates on progress and notable discoveries.
- Organize proper storage and housing for heritage and art items.
- Type handwritten member histories submitted and scan photographs.
- Ongoing research tasks for new member history initiative.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Preference will be given to a student studying Art, History, Art History, Library Science, Archival Science or Museum Studies, Humanities or Liberal Arts.
- Ability to multi-task and set and achieve measurable targets and objectives.
- Knowledge of archival theory and best practices to perform archival functions such as acquisition, processing, description and preservation.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Be able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Have an excellent understanding of, and recognize the importance for, accurate referencing.
- Experience in the cattle industry is an asset but is not required.
Work is based at Angus Central, the Canadian Angus Association’s national headquarters. Office hours are 7:30 a.m.–4:00 p.m. with a lunch break from 11:30–12:30. It is expected that the successful candidate will begin his/her work term on or before May 9th and work until the end of August.
Salary: $16.50 per hour
Please e-mail your resume by clicking APPLY TO THIS POSITION by March 1st quoting “Archivist Application” in the subject line.
The Canadian Angus Association is Canada’s largest purebred beef breed organization. The Association represents more than 2,000 members across Canada for the purposes of registering and recording the pedigrees of purebred Angus cattle in the closed Herdbook and promoting the breed across Canada. The member-approved mandate is to maintain breed registry, breed purity and provide services that enhance the growth and position of the Angus breed.
The Canadian Angus Foundation functions to preserve and expand the Angus breed for future generations through education, youth development, scientific and market research, and historical restoration.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Rocky View, AB, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-10