OverviewCanadaHelps Executive Assistant Contract in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
3 years of experience in an executive-level assistant position, preferably in a nonprofit, online, technology, or eCommerce company….
CanadaHelps is looking for an energetic, tech-savvy, part-time Executive Assistant to join our team (contract, maternity leave). Reporting directly to the CEO, this is an opportunity to join one of Canada’s first social enterprises, a charity helping charities. We have a small, dedicated team of entrepreneurial-minded peers who have a passion for helping small and medium sized charities succeed, while engaging with donors to increase giving in Canada. We believe technology is a game-changer for increasing giving in Canada, so we build affordable, online fundraising and training tools for more than 15,000 registered charities across Canada and collect donations for 70,000 others.
As the Executive Assistant your job will be to do more than just scheduling, you’ll also have unique opportunities to work on interesting projects and contribute to the success of the organization. You’ll be the right hand person for a C-level executive whose background boasts leading some of North America’s hottest digital brands, and provide team support to the senior management team made up of highly experienced leaders from the tech, marketing and charitable sectors.
You’re a super-star in the workplace, who is smart, passionate, and a quick learner. You have a strong interest and curiosity for the digital world, and both your work and personal experience backs this up. As a self-starter, you bring a background and passion for the not-for-profit and/or the social enterprise space. You know the players and the trends, and you understand what it takes to be successful and thrive. Your flexible attitude means you do what it takes to get the job done. You are ambitious by nature and see a role like this is your chance to shine and make a difference.
Reporting to the CEO, your main responsibilities will include:
- Maintain busy calendar and communicate with necessary and appropriate parties to coordinate schedules.
- Coordinate and make arrangements for project meetings, Board events, conference calls, appointments, travel and other events (internal and external), and prepare necessary materials including prep documents, meetings and action lists.
- Office management.
- Prepare and draft written and verbal correspondence, and presentation materials as required.
- Process expenses.
- Liaise with the Board of Directors, and prepare documents and correspondence as needed. Act as resource to the Board of Directors and the CEO on Governance by maintaining appropriate knowledge of documents, policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Support management team with special projects.
Required Skills and Experience :
- 3 years of experience in an executive-level assistant position, preferably in a nonprofit, online, technology, or eCommerce company.
- Experience working with a Board in an administrative capacity.
- Great computer skills, including high proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint), and Google Apps (Gmail, Drive, Google Calendar, etc).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to correspond effectively with Senior Management, staff and others in a professional manner.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills. Must have the ability to prioritize executive tasks with meticulous attention to detail and demonstrate the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Demonstrate flexibility to work in a constantly changing environment where priorities and deadlines shift continually.
- Must have a strong work ethic, great initiative and an ability to work in a high performance culture.
- Demonstrate high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work independently while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude, with a customer service focus through all interactions — in person, via phone, email, etc.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- A chance to make a big difference; both as a key member of a small team and as part of one of the original social enterprises.
- Great co-workers, and a lifestyle-friendly atmosphere in a convenient downtown Toronto location.
- An opportunity to gain great experience working with a highly-skilled senior team.
- A flexible, part-time schedule for excellent work-life balance. *Note: you must be available for weekend work for the occasional, pre-scheduled meeting.
Please note that this is a part-time position, contract (maternity leave) position to begin as early as September 21, 2015.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as soon as possible, but no later than August 10, 2015.
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-30