OverviewCanada Revenue Agency SP-08 Access & Privacy Advisor/Reviewer Temporary in Ottawa, ON
Canada Revenue Agency
Branch Ottawa ON CA
SP-08 Access & Privacy Advisor/Reviewer
Analyzes new program initiatives to advise C R A officials on access and privacy impacts, develops mitigating strategies;…
Don’t miss out on your opportunity to work for one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada !
- Analyzes, recommends strategies, and provides solutions and expertise in the resolving of contentious cases and complaints and provides input for continuously improving of service delivery.
- Ensures compliance with the ATIA and PA and related policy instruments; provides substantial input in ATIP policy and annual reporting and business planning activities and in the continnuous improvement of ATIP systems.
- Performs research and analysis on ATIP trends, future direction, and environmental scans to identify risks, issues, and best practices; analyzes C R A policies and procedures to develop process improvement strategies and risk-assessment initiatives.
- Provides advice and guidance to C R A officials on privacy impact assessments (PIA), the development of personal information banks (PIB), Info Source requirements, and information sharing agreements; analyzes new program initiatives to advise C R A officials on access and privacy impacts, develops mitigating strategies; and recommends approval of PIAs and PIBs.
- Recommends, develops, and delivers training material and sessions for ATIP office and the C R A’s management and staff to ensure that all aspects of the law are understood and respected.
Staffing Requirements to apply
You must clearly demonstrate on your online application how you meet the essential staffing requirements to apply.
We may use the asset staffing requirements to screen applications. Make sure you clearly show on your (application or candidate profile) that you meet them.
Essential Staffing Requirements
To be eligible, you’ll need to:
- Meet the C R A’s Minimum education standard for SP-08
- A Secondary school diploma or C R A-approved alternatives
- A satisfactory score on the C R A-approved test (General Intelligence Test – GIT 320 – Pass mark 80)
Note: By the closing date and time of this poster, you must upload your education credentials in the education section of your Candidate Profile to demonstrate that you meet the essential education requirements.
- Have experience in at least two (2) of these three (3) duties:
- Experience* leading a project with impact across the directorate and/or the department
- Experience* creating briefing documents such as but not limited to briefing notes and presentations for senior management (director level or equivalent or above)
- Experience* working with access or privacy legislation or policies
- Experience is normally associated with performance of these functions as part of the major job duties for a period of not less than 24 cumulative months within the last 3 years.
It would be great if you had:
- A degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, or a post-secondary diploma or certificate in the field of access to information and privacy.
Bilingual Imperative BBB/BBB, English Essential
Staffing requirements to be assessed/applied
Any essential staffing requirements indicated below will be assessed/applied at a later date. Any discretionary staffing requirements indicated below may be applied/assessed at a later date.
- Performance validation
- Dependability Pass mark : (75%)
- Planning, organizing and/or monitoring Pass mark : (75%)
- Knowledge of ATIP legislation Pass mark : (75%)
- Ability to use MS Office: such as, Excel, Word, Outlook and/or PowerPoint Pass mark : (75%)
- GCT2 Pass mark : (60/90)
General Competency Test: Level 2
- Effective Interactive Communication Pass mark : Level 3
- Service Excellence Pass mark : Level 2
- Dealing with Difficult Interactions Pass mark : Level 2
- Teamwork and Cooperation Level Pass mark : Level 2
- Writing Skills Pass mark : Level 3
- Additional education/training: A degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, or a post-secondary diploma or certificate in the field of access to information and privacy.
- Duration of appointment
- Start date
- Minimize business disruption
- Employment Equity
The following experience may be further defined according to one or more of the following:
- Complexity (difficulty level of tasks performed)
- Variety (number or specific type of tasks performed)
- Timeframe (period of time during which the experience took place)
- Experience developing and providing ATIP training
- Experience providing recommendations to senior management (director level or equivalent or above)
- Experience in business analysis
- Experience in business case development
- Experience in corporate reporting (ie: annual reports to parliament)
- Experience in co-ordination of communication strategies (ie: Right to Know Week)
- Experience drafting Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs)
- Experience leading a project with impact across the directorate and/or the department
- Experience creating briefing documents such as but not limited to briefing notes and presentations for senior management (director level or equivalent or above)
- Experience working with access or privacy legislation or policies
Conditions of employment
- Reliability/Security – Reliability and Secret Status
- Overtime Required
- Travel Required
- Successful candidates will not be relocated as virtual reporting is permitted
For information on how to apply, communication during the staffing process, foreign credentials, employment equity, accommodations during assessment, security status or clearance, and our code and conflict of interest requirements refer to the general information page http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/crrs/srch/tps-eng.html.
C R A employees are dedicated to serving in the public interest and have worked hard to earn the trust of Canadians. The Code of integrity and professional conduct and the Directive on conflict of interest, gifts and hospitality, and post-employment are important documents that outline the expected standards of conduct for C R A employees. We strongly recommend that you take the time to review these documents before you consider an employment opportunity with the C R A. Please note that a conflict of interest arises whenever an employee’s private interests and/or outside activities impair, or could be perceived to impair, their ability to make decisions with integrity, impartiality, honesty, and in the best interests of the C R A and the Government of Canada.
We will create a pool of eligible candidates from this staffing process.
This staffing process may be used to staff similar positions.
Before proceeding with appointments from this staffing process, the manager will give priority for appointment to individuals with C R A preferred status.
Appointments made from this staffing process will be based on one or more of the staffing requirement(s) identified on this notice.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2018-01-11