OverviewCanada Post Volume Counter, Mail Operations Part Time in Fort St John, BC
Branch Fort St John BC CA
Volume Counter, Mail Operations
Fort St John, BC
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process….
Do you take pride in helping your community? Are you organized and attentive to detail? If so, there may be a great opportunity for you with Canada Post.
We require the temporary services of a Volume Counter, who will work under the direction of the Route Measurement Officer, to gather information about Letter Carrier routes.
The successful candidate will:
• Assist in preparing offices for a volume count
• Count letter mail and oversized mail in letter carrier cases on a block basis and record the total
• Complete Letter Carrier Route sampling forms, obtaining the information from letter carriers
• Weigh mail for letter carrier delivery
• Assist with analysis, using a calculator
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
• Grade 10 or Secondary 4
• Ability to read, write and communicate clearly and effectively
• Strong listening skills
• Basic math skills
• Able to lift up to 23 kilograms (50 lbs)
• Available to work for a minimum of 3 hours between the hours of 6:00 am to noon
• Attention to detail, punctuality, professional demeanour
• Ability to cooperate with others and follow direction well
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
– 2 Week Term – Tentatively starting June 15, 2015
– 3 Hours training session the week before the assignment (for new counters)
Canada Post offers:
• Competitive pay
• Potential for permanent opportunities
• A strong community of employees: Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
• The satisfaction of a job well done: You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Fort Saint John, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23