OverviewCanada Post Trainer – Operations Temporary in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Trainer – Operations
Frequent/extensive travel away from the home office or home region. The successful candidate must have a clean driving record and access to a vehicle….
If you are ambitious, talented and driven, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking a Trainer to deliver new corporate and approved local training programs relating to mail processing, delivery operations and the introduction of new products, services, processes, systems and equipment. Responsible for ensuring the quality of training delivery, you will contribute to the establishment of appropriate training needs, participate with the client in the planning process, conduct training to meet Corporate standards, conduct post course assessments to ensure learning processes and objectives are met, implement approved new training packages, as well as provide input for changes and/or improvements to existing programs. You will also be expected to promote and maintain good employee/management relations.
The successful candidate will:
• Conduct corporate training programs on all aspects of mail operations including the introduction of changes to equipment, systems, services, products and processes as well as leadership development, apply knowledge of effective methods of adult learning to provide training solutions that are appropriate to client needs including traditional classroom training, on the job training, demonstrations and workshops, and ensure that training provided is consistent across all operating shifts
• Work in collaboration with clients to identify local training needs, develop and adapt new training programs as approved for local use, participate with team leaders in the planning and implementation process, and make recommendations to the Superintendent, Training on changes and/or improvements to existing corporate programs
• Conduct and administer performance assessments, evaluations and tests related to training potential hires to Canada Post and new employees of the Corporation, analyze and interpret results, and provide feedback to potential hires, new employees and the management team on training and testing results
• Administer procedures which ensure effective training of employees, including post course evaluation and follow-up activities
• Provide counselling and coaching to current employees, provide direction and recommendations to employees and management staff on further training or remedial action required when training standards are not achieved, and recommend disciplinary action when called for
• Record and input training information into the training event manager system in SAP
• Perform as the instructor and/or facilitator on training and development programs within the region and, as required, to employees external to the region, and monitor and provide appropriate feedback and coaching to peer mentors
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the latest systems, processes, services, equipment, products and technologies used within mail operations and remain current on training and development methodologies and practices
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
1.a) Degree, diploma, or certificate form an accredited university/college in one of the following: Adult Education, Instructional Design, Organizational Learning, Psychology
1.b) A combination of a high school diploma and current relevant experience (current experience is defined as experience obtained within the last five (5) years; relevant experience is defined as requirements 2 through 3)
2. Minimum 2 years of cumulative, current experience delivering training in a classroom or operational environment using formal curriculum (current experience is defined as experience obtained within the last five (5) years)
3. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., understand the major features of each software application)
• Experience in Collection and Delivery, Transportation or Mail Processing environment
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and broad knowledge of SAP(e.g., experience preparing sophisticated presentations in PowerPoint for class room delivery – incorporating themes, charts, tables, graphics and animation effects and producing advanced slide shows; experience providing training on SAP)
1. Possess a valid permanent provincial drivers license
2. Have a satisfactory safe driving record (Please note: you may be required to submit a driver’s abstract to validate your driving record)
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Notice to Applicants: In order for Canada Post Human Resources to invite applicants for interviews, please ensure Email Communication Consent preferences are set to allow emails. Consent may be found in the career profile. Applicants should check email junk/spam folders regularly as Canada Post communicates with applicants via email.
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
Frequent/extensive travel away from the home office or home region
May be required to work evening and weekend shifts
The successful candidate must have a clean driving record and access to a vehicle
6 month temporary assignment
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Canada Post Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18