OverviewCanada Post Supervisor, Letter Carrier Temporary in Moncton, NB
Branch Moncton NB CA
Supervisor, Letter Carrier
Supervise, coach and provide guidance and leadership to employees, oversee staffing, the development of objectives and performance management including…
You’re skilled, confident and job-ready. Bring your skills to Canada Post – one of Canada’s most respected employers where you’ll find the satisfaction of a job well done. Every day.
We are looking for individuals who have a great track record for leading teams to achieve operating targets and production standards, while maintaining top standards for service, quality and health and safety for the position of Supervisor, Letter Carrier. In this role you will work to maintain optimum productivity levels and use coaching, problem solving, positive reinforcement, task prioritizing and more to successfully lead a skilful team of employees in our operations facility. As a key partner in Canada Post’s success, you will also act as the “voice of the company” by sharing performance expectations and business results with our front-line employees.
This is your opportunity to work for a world leader in the postal industry. You’ll be joining a profit-oriented organization focused on growth and innovation, and enjoy a comprehensive total compensation package – including a competitive salary and incentive plan, health and retirement benefits, training, and the chance to grow with us and explore your career potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Plan, direct and inspect the daily operation of the work unit to ensure efficient sortation, routing and delivery of mail in accordance with corporate regulations, procedures and instructions
- Schedule and allocate staff to ensure sortation of mail and routes covered, determine the need for extra relief staff, and authorize overtime when required
- Measure distances for delivery to new or existing points of call according to the Route Measurement System and processes, determine whether new points of call meet delivery service requirements, propose solutions or changes to delivery routes if required, and consult and work with Route Measurement Officers on changes to routes in the delivery centre
- Assess and recommend changes to the provision of relay bundles and drops to ensure the routes are properly serviced and that conveyance costs are minimized
- Regularly check on the performance and appearance of delivery employees while on their routes to ensure adherence to established routes of travel, official dress regulations and proper methods of delivery, train new employees in their various duties and instruct them in new methods and procedures
- Supervise, coach and provide guidance and leadership to employees, oversee staffing, the development of objectives and performance management including attendance management, resolve staff issues including taking disciplinary action when required, consult with Labour Relations and/or union representatives on the application of the terms of the collective agreement, discuss various problems and changes in areas such as safety, overtime and route evaluations with shop stewards, attempt to resolve complaints before the grievance stage is reached, and create learning and knowledge transfer opportunities for assigned staff
- Promote and implement work place safety and health programs for the assigned team including: coaching and directing employees on safe work practices in order to reduce accident frequency and severity; conducting accident investigations and reporting incidences; addressing and resolving health and safety issues in a timely and efficient manner; conducting safety inspections; and taking corrective action to rectify unsafe operating conditions
- Enter employee, volume and addressing data into corporate systems, prepare reports to monitor performance, identify improvements, control operational costs and meet targets
- Liaise with other supervisors and enablers to ensure the effective coordination of operations or to resolve operational problems
- Report repairs related to the building, operational equipment and assets to the Manager, monitor and follow-up with appropriate third party and take corrective action as required
- Project professional service standards and ensure the customer experience is a priority when investigating and resolving service issues and customer complaints
- Investigate delivery impediments when the customer fails to maintain the required safety conditions, communicate issue with the customer to resolve or make other arrangements until the unsafe condition can be rectified and, if unable to resolve, take action to initiate suspension of delivery
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
- High School Diploma or provincial equivalent (GED) (Equivalent work experience, as defined below, may be accepted in lieu of a High School Diploma)
1.a) Minimum 1 year experience managing a team.
1.b) Minimum 2 years experience working within a unionized environment
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., understand the major features of each software application)
- Post-secondary degree
- Experience with distribution processes
- Experience working in a customer service role (e.g., dealing with customers)
1. Possess a valid permanent provincial drivers license
2. Have a satisfactory safe driving record (Please note: you may be required to submit a driver’s abstract to validate your driving record)
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Notice to Applicants: In order for Canada Post Human Resources to invite applicants for interviews, please ensure Email Communication Consent preferences are set to allow emails. Consent may be found in the career profile. Applicants should check email junk/spam folders regularly as Canada Post communicates with applicants via email.
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
Anticipatory staffing. Term assignment.
An Eligibility List will be created for future job opportunities and will be valid for a period of 1 year.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Vacation and leave options
- Canada Post Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
- Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
- You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Moncton, NB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-17