OverviewCanada Post Postmaster – Corporate Provided Premises (Group Office) Part Time in Field, BC
Branch Field BC CA
Postmaster – Corporate Provided Premises (Group Office)
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience….
Canada Post is looking for a Postmaster for your community. Do you think you might fit the bill?
Postmasters are the face of Canada Post. They help ensure we provide the very best customer service to all Canadians and become part of a team that contributes to charitable efforts and positive social change in communities from coast to coast.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage postal revenue, assets and values, and supervise staff.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- May sort mail to postal boxes
- Liaise with the local community about Canada Post’s delivery service.
- Sell and promote postal products and services to the public and businesses.
- Keep post office neat and presentable, and maintain cleanliness in accordance with Canada Post’s standards.
- Operate the post office with due diligence and efficiency.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
- High School Diploma or provincial equivalent and/or experience in business administration.
- Experience dealing with members of the public in a retail and/or service environment, including familiarity with sales and cash transactions.
- Knowledge of mail-processing regulations, methods and procedures and postal services will be considered an advantage.
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Be able to manage the post office to meet retail hours of operation and delivery expectations.
- Be physically fit and able to lift mail containers weighing up to 30 kg, push or pull boxes, sort mail and stand for extended periods of time.
- The hours of service to the public will be determined by the Canada Post and are subject to change under varying circumstances.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Vacation and leave options
- Defined benefit pension plan
A strong community of employees
- Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
- You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Field, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23