OverviewCanada Post Postal Systems Technician (Permanent) Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Postal Systems Technician (Permanent)
Use hand and power tools, gauging devices and electrical/electronic test equipment. Keeping systems running efficiently is your specialty….
Keeping systems running efficiently is your specialty. Building great careers is ours.
Permanent, full-time opportunities are available for electrical and electro-mechanical technicians who have a passion for equipment repair and maintenance and are looking for interesting work in a team-focused, safe and clean plant environment. We are seeking both recent graduates and experienced professionals who are self-motivated, committed to continuous improvement and passionate about state-of-the-art technology, to join our team of Postal System Technicians.
If you’re a skilled and safety-focused electro-mechanical technician, electronics technician, electrician, mechanical technologist, electrical mechanic, service technician, industrial instrument technician, robotics and automation technologist, repair technician, systems technologist, electronics technologist or maintenance technician, we have openings on the day, afternoon and midnight shifts for strong team players with good analytical, multi-tasking and troubleshooting skills, who show initiative in resolving and preventing equipment issues.
As a technically skilled Postal System Technician in our plant facility, you will help keep mail and parcels moving efficiently through corrective and preventive maintenance and repairs on all mail- and parcel-sorting & handling equipment.
At Canada Post, we’re investing in state-of-the art machinery and systems in many areas while redefining our relevance and transforming our company to play a more meaningful role in the lives of all Canadians. We’re looking for skilled and innovative people to help us get there.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of our transformation, use the latest technology and work for a world leader in the postal industry. You will also receive a comprehensive total compensation package –a comprehensive salary, benefits, pension plan, on-going training, and the chance to be a part of a winning team.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform a variety of maintenance tasks on mail sorting and handling equipment
- Use hand and power tools, gauging devices and electrical/electronic test equipment
- Analyze and detect degradation of machine performance
- Work independently with minimal supervision and under a variety of conditions, including cramped spaces, heights and other awkward positions
- Maintain clear and detailed records.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
- Successful completion of a 2 year post-secondary program (approximately 1,600 hours), as a minimum, in Electronics or Electro-Mechanical Technology
- At least 2 years of experience in the maintenance and repair of a variety of electronic, electro-mechanical and mechanical systems and equipment (testing will be administered to assess technical proficiency)
- Knowledge of mechanics, electro-mechanics, industrial electricity, analog and digital electronics
- Knowledge of the use of tools, test and diagnosis equipment and principles of preventive maintenance on equipment
- Knowledge of computer and network fundamentals
- Knowledge of safe work practices in an industrial environment
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
- Some travel maybe required.
- Positions are available on the afternoon and midnight shifts.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Vacation and leave options
- Defined benefit pension plan
A strong community of employees
- Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
- You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24