OverviewCanada Post Postal Clerk (Retail & Operations) Temporary in Drumheller, AB
Branch Drumheller AB CA
Postal Clerk (Retail & Operations)
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for…
Experience the dynamic mail operations and retail environment only Canada Post can offer. As a self-starter with a flexible schedule, you maybe required to work shifts and weekends. This temporary on-call position is a great opportunity to learn about the business of mail operations, as well as the great jobs available at Canada Post.
Please note that some offices rotate their staff and a temporary Postal Clerk might be called to work in positions to serve the public at a counter, conduct financial transactions and perform other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will:
• Perform a variety of sales/customer service activities to ensure complete customer satisfaction
• Operate a computer point of sale system
• Maintain floor displays
• Conduct merchandizing and inventory control
• Maintain a high level of postal products, services and delivery knowledge
• Process financial transactions (cash, cheques, debit & credit card payments)
• Receive, sort, sequence and batch mail items
• Operate mail processing equipment (clearing jams, remove mail from sorting machines, etc.) where applicable
• Transport mail between floors/sections using rolling or motorized equipment, where applicable
• Operate a computer to key in data, when applicable
• Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
• Be required to stand in one place for up to 3.5 hours at a time
• Exercise physical effort in the handling of mail items weighting up to 22.7 kilograms (50 lbs) and carrying mail items weighing up to 15.9 kilograms (35 lbs) and bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
• Experience in customer service in a retail environment
• Sales experience is an asset
• Experience working in a production environment is an asset
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Notice to Applicants: In order for Canada Post Human Resources to invite applicants for interviews, please ensure Email Communication Consent preferences are set to allow emails. Consent may be found in the career profile. Applicants should check email junk/spam folders regularly as Canada Post communicates with applicants via email.
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
• You will be required to pass pre-employment tests and an interview.
CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE:
• Proof of employment
• A character reference letter
Canada Post offers:
• Competitive pay
• Potential for permanent opportunities
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Drumheller, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01