OverviewCanada Post Officer, Human Resources Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Officer, Human Resources
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process….
If you have the ambition, talent and drive, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Officer, Human Resources, to be responsible for facilitating the implementation and coordination of employee relations programs for an assigned area or function. Provides specialist advice and support to the area management team.
The successful candidate will:
• Implements and coordinates employee relations activities and programs for assigned client groups in accordance with national policies and collective agreement requirements. These programs may include one or more of the following areas: recruitment, selection, organization improvement, legislative programs, employee recognition and human resources planning and development.
• Provide support to line management and employees when dealing with organizational changes.
• Facilitates the implementation and coordination of legislative program requirements.
• Provides employee relations services and provide advice and guidance to management and employees on issues and on the application of corporate policies and programs and collective agreements (as they apply to employee relations issues).
• Researches and investigates, report and participates in the development of solutions to significant employee and management issues.
• Participates in the delivery of training programs that support employee relations programs.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
• High School diploma
• Some Post Secondary education with an emphasises on recruitment and staffing would be considered an asset
• Recruitment agency experience would also be considered
• Experience in competency based interviewing
• Ability to work with HR Automated Tracking System
• Ability to perform in tight deadlines
• Experience in reference checking would be an asset
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
• This is 1 year temporary assignment
• This position will involve competency based interviewing 100% of the time.
• Fast paced environment with tight deadlines
• Must be able to work independently
Canada Post offers:
• Competitive pay
• Potential for permanent opportunities
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24