OverviewCanada Post Officer, Health and Safety – Temporary Assignment Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Officer, Health and Safety – Temporary Assignment
Represent Health & Safety at various Operations meetings, joint union/management committees, projects and other work groups as required….
Provides management and employees, within the assigned region, with Health &Safety (H&S) services and programs. Provides specialist advice and guidance to Delivery, Plant and regional management in the interpretation, application and administration of Canada Labour Code requirements, Canadian Occupational Safety & Health Regulations (COSHR), and Corporate policies and procedures. Promotes the development and maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment.
The successful candidate will 1. Promotes the development and maintenance of a safe and healthy work environment through visibly connecting with Operations clients and employees; provides advice and guidance in the interpretation, application and administration of the Canada Labour Code; and provides a complete range of services to employees in accordance with Federal regulations, legislation and Corporate policies.
2. Monitors and evaluates safety programs and procedures for compliance and improvement opportunities. Identifies trends, behavioral performance indicators and strategies for improvement.
3. Supports Operations clients in planning and developing strategies to resolve health and safety issues. Audits, surveys and analyses facilities, equipment practices, work methods and safety behaviours. Coaches and recommends corrective actions as required.
4. Develops strategies with clients to resolve contentious issues and complex problems, in many instances requiring collaboration with local joint health and safety committees, unions, human resources, labour relations, regulators and other internal and external stakeholders.
5. Provides advice and counsel to Operations team leaders and employees impacted by operational systems, equipment, process and structural changes to ensure health and safety conditions are met and standards and regulations are maintained.
6. Coaches and influences Operations clients to be leaders in health and safety within their workplace; provides subject matter advice on safety and health training, awareness and prevention materials; advises Operations team leaders on effective incident investigation and preventative measures as it relates to workplace injuries, vehicle collisions, property damage, near miss incidents and workplace violence.
7. Represent Health & Safety at various Operations meetings, joint union/management committees, projects and other work groups as required.
8. Provides support to Operations team leaders and management to ensure compliance with all Health and Safety Functional Policies including; Machine Guarding, Safety Variance, First Aid, Work at Heights, Confined and Restricted Access Space, Motorized Material Handling Equipment, Contractor Safety and Driver Safety.
9. Provides input to Head Office as required on development of safety systems, policies and programs.
10. Maintains and develops effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders such as professionals in the field of health and safety to remain current on trends, developments, programs and practices, to exchange information and to contribute to the existing body of knowledge.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience) Post secondary education specializing in Health & Safety or equivalent work experience
2 to 5 years experience in the development and delivery of health and safety initiatives or programs in Industrial, transportation, and office settings
Knowledge of safety management system principles, industry best practices and standards, health and safety legislation and its application within a unionized environment
Demonstrated experience in verbal and written communication skills to positively influence external and internal stakeholders to meet the stated health and safety objectives
Experience leading by demonstrating our corporate values, leadership behaviors and habits
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Notice to Applicants: In order for Canada Post Human Resources to invite applicants for interviews, please ensure Email Communication Consent preferences are set to allow emails. Consent may be found in the career profile. Applicants should check email junk/spam folders regularly as Canada Post communicates with applicants via email.
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job: This position will require frequent travel within Saskatchewan and Manitoba and occasional travel throughout country including work on various shifts.
Canada Post offers A total compensation package
Annual incentive program
Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
Vacation and leave options
Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canadas largest employers were committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Important Messages Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01