OverviewCanada Post Officer, Divisional Maintenance Full Time in Ontario
Branch ON CA
Officer, Divisional Maintenance
Interpret engineering directives issued by Head Office, implement or transmit them to contractors as necessary, ensure work directions and required tools,…
If you are ambitious, talented and driven, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking an Officer to provide safe and cost effective solutions to assure the operational efficiency of divisionally deployed standard operating equipment, street furniture and material-handling equipment for Canada Post and its customers within a designated region. You will be called upon to provide direction and controls to maintain divisional operating assets, monitor and identify equipment problems, and ensure appropriate maintenance action is taken when needed.
The successful candidate will:
- Monitor growth projections and analyze the current inventory of standard operating equipment, street furniture and associated components, determine maintenance needs, develop plans for refurbishment or replacement, and prepare and administer associated budgets
- Develop preventive maintenance and/or repair work schedules to meet operation’s needs including service calls, emergency responses, preventive maintenance, snow removal, and equipment replacement, removal or disposal
- Play a regional lead role in the deployment of national Delivery Services maintenance projects, and manage change within the region and with contractors, customers and government officials including addressing changes, logistics planning for equipment conversions, communications and implementation
- Ensure the customer experience is a priority when investigating and resolving service issues and complaints, and respond to requests for technical assistance from Municipalities and Provincial and Canada Post officials when equipment malfunctions
- For the designated region, act as the equipment maintenance expert for standard operating equipment, street furniture and material-handling with regional Operations as well as municipal officials and residents, equipment manufacturers, and installation, maintenance and engineering contractors
- Assist the Delivery Services Officer in developing and delivering presentations on proposed new delivery services to municipal authorities and the general public from a Street Furniture Maintenance perspective
- Stay current with corporate Operational Asset and Delivery Planning policies, provide updates and guidance to local postal officials on maintenance procedures, monitor compliance, and mentor and coach Delivery Planners to further their professional development in Delivery Services
- Administer and maintain an effective reporting and information system to facilitate sound decision making and management control, conduct measurement and performance tests, recommend amendments to procedures for improvement or correction of equipment, review and respond to suggestions made by the field for modification of equipment or systems, analyze Maintenance Performance data, and compile reports on trends, variances and anomalies
- Assist in issuing Preventative or Corrective Maintenance Contracts, inspect work and certify completion for site installations, maintenance and/or equipment replacement and, when needed, perform some hands-on work to expedite the job and avoid unnecessary contracting out and transportation costs
- Inspect equipment to determine condition and serviceability, recommend replacement and disposal of unsafe, obsolete or uneconomical equipment to repair, determine the most efficient and cost-effective source of maintaining equipment, and provide annual forecasts to support capital budget expenditures for growth and replacement equipment
- Ensure the timely update and integrity of data within the Street Furniture Inventory (SFI), Key Management System (KMS) and the Management Information System (MIS)
- In cooperation with Maintenance Stores, control an inventory of spare equipment for dispatching to the field as replacement for equipment undergoing repair for MMHE, Cancelling Machines and Scales
- In cooperation with Purchasing, Inventory Control and Operational Assets, ensure that contracts and/or agreements for performing preventive maintenance meet divisional needs, develop work standards, provide training on postal equipment, and work with contractors and suppliers to ensure high quality and timely completion of work
- Interpret engineering directives issued by Head Office, implement or transmit them to contractors as necessary, ensure work directions and required tools, equipment and spare parts are available for work to be done, monitor work performed by contractors for quality, quantity and response time, and take appropriate action where service is substandard
- Ensure security of the mail, CPC property and equipment, assume responsibility for the diversification of master locks and keys, and work with Corporate Security to ensure that corporate policies are followed for diversification of locks and key controls
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
- High School Diploma or provincial equivalent (GED) (Equivalent work experience, as defined below, may be accepted in lieu of a High School Diploma)
1.a) Minimum 2 years experience as a supervisor in collection and delivery/transportation
1.b) Minimum 2 years experience in a delivery support function or delivery logistics
1.c) Minimum 4 years experience in contracting, inventory, and financial management
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., understand the major features of each software application)
- Post-secondary degree in Project Management, Finance and/or Purchasing
- Experience dealing with senior management, and political entities
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., understand the major features of each software application, including working with pivot tables, sub totals and filtering)
1. Possess a valid permanent provincial drivers license
2. Have a satisfactory safe driving record (Please note: you may be required to submit a driver’s abstract to validate your driving record)
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
- Competitive salary
- Annual incentive program
- Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
- Vacation and leave options
- Canada Post Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
- Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
- You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Ontario, CA, US
Posted on: 2015-03-23