OverviewCanada Post Manager, Occupational Health and Safety Full Time in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Manager, Occupational Health and Safety
Participate/lead projects to identify trends and develop strategies to resolve issues related to accident prevention, accident frequency, accidents, emergencies…
If you have the talent and drive, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Occupational Health and Safety Manager to develop and implement WS&H initiatives for the current and future needs of employees within an assigned region.
The successful candidate will:
• Plan, support execution and monitor the implementation of WS&H programs that contribute to a safe and productive working environment
• Liaise with the Regional General Manager and operational directors to establish accident prevention plans
• Identify and anticipate policy issues and requirements, liaise with external agencies and regulatory bodies, and provide effective input into the corporate WS&H policy direction
• Integrate and monitor Health and Safety, accident prevention, and industrial hygiene within the regions, ensuring consistency with corporate policies and practices
• Participate/lead projects to identify trends and develop strategies to resolve issues related to accident prevention, accident frequency, accidents, emergencies, Canada Labour Code application, Health and Safety and industrial hygiene
• Provide support and advice to all stakeholders on workplace safety related issues, policies and related legislation
• Lead a team of WS&H professionals to effectively support regional clients in the execution of their safety goals and facilitate effective team building within the regional WS&H team
• Help develop communication strategies, education and training aimed at increasing awareness of prevention
• Analyze and monitor data and trends on accidents, conduct root-cause analysis on current performance and develop action plans that will enable regional management to achieve their performance improvement targets aligned with corporate WS&H strategies
• Identify, anticipate, develop, recommend and oversee the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives for the region
• Provide clear objectives and performance expectations for subordinates and conduct training
• Establish and maintain a professional network for benchmarking and research to ensure Canada Post’s approach to WS&H policies and procedures reflect best practices, liaising with external organizations as necessary to remain current on changes to legislation and practices
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
• A degree in Occupational Health & Safety, or equivalent certification and OHS&E field experience is a must
• 6-8 years job-related work experience
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
• Travel required
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Defined Contribution Component of the Canada Post Corporation Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21