OverviewCanada Post Delivery Planning Officer Full Time in Calgary, AB
Branch Calgary AB CA
Delivery Planning Officer
All candidates must be available for frequent travel away from your home office or home region, including extensive travel for extended periods of time….
Each day is an opportunity to have an impact on Canada Post and our customers.
Canada Post is recruiting across the country for multiple Delivery Planning Officer (DPO) positions. DPOs are Delivery Planning Specialists that provide first-level guidance and direction in the development of safe, cost-effective delivery and addressing solutions for Canada Post and our customers in their assigned area of regional operations. They determine the postal codes and service delivery strategy for new subdivisions and communities, and identify where community mail boxes (CMBs) and other delivery methods should be installed. In a role that offers lots of autonomy, freedom and responsibility, Delivery Planning Officers have a major impact on Canada Post and our customers.
As a Delivery Planning Officer, you will draw on your background in a relevant field such as transportation and network logistics, urban planning, transit planning, or GIS, in order to guide and direct the planning and implementation of all new and updated delivery services. You will develop and maintain a network of contacts in your territory, and work closely with municipalities as well as home and commercial builders in planning and implementing new and updated delivery services. An equally important part of your role will be interfacing with customers in the communities, resolving service issues and playing a critical customer service role when delivery services change.
As part of the Delivery Services team, under the direction of the Delivery Services Officer, you will work independently and with other parts of Canada Post’s physical and digital lines of business teams to meet your goals and objectives. Training will be provided. Please note that this is for a term of up to 5-years in duration. All candidates must be available for frequent travel away from your home office or home region, including extensive travel for extended periods of time. This position offers an excellent opportunity to learn about our business – which, in turn, may open up career and advancement opportunities in the future.
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a national organization that plays a meaningful role in the lives of all Canadians. Apply today!
The successful candidate will:
- Participate in planning and management for the implementation of new points of call, including assigning addresses, delivery modes and transfer points while remaining mindful of safety, cost effectiveness and public concerns, recommend site locations, street furniture and equipment requirements, and oversee the logistics of new site installations.
- Participate in national delivery service projects and contribute to the management of change within Canada Post and with contractors, customers and government officials, including addressing changes, logistics planning for equipment conversions, communications and implementation.
- Monitor growth projections in designated communities, contribute to the development of addressing and delivery plans, and use the growth management system (MIS) to create work orders and manage costs for third-party suppliers of CMB equipment.
- Work with contractors and suppliers to ensure high-quality, timely completion of work, inspect work, and recommend certification of completion for new site installations.
- Project professional service standards and ensure that the customer experience is a priority when investigating and resolving service issues and complaints.
- Stay current with Corporate Address and Delivery Planning policies, and work to educate local postal officials on addressing and delivery procedures, reporting compliance, and roles and responsibilities.
- Provide Address Management System expertise to support regional operational planning and problem-solving, ensure the timely update and integrity of data in the Address Management System, and provide advice and guidance in its use.
- Gather data on municipal and commercial business and development plans and projects, and provide input to the operational planning process.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
1.a) Minimum 2 years experience as a supervisor in collection and delivery/transportation
1.b) Minimum 2 years experience in delivery logistics PLUS Minimum 2 years experience in client relations/customer service
1.c) Minimum 2 years experience in a relevant field such as transportation and network logistics, urban planning, transit planning, or GIS
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., understand the major features of each software application)
- Post-secondary degree in Urban/Municipal planning
- Various linguistic profiles required – this job posting will be used to staff multiple positions with various language requirements.
- Possess a valid provincial driver’s licence.
- Have a satisfactory safe driving record.
Please note that this position may require travel away from the home office or home region, which may include the need for overnight stays in hotels.
NOTE: As part of the selection process, selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process.
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
Term – four years
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
- Competitive salary
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Vacation and leave options (limited vacation time available during summer months)
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-01-24