OverviewCanada Post Clerk, HR Contact Centre Part Time in Ottawa, ON
Branch Ottawa ON CA
Clerk, HR Contact Centre
Internet browser experience. If you have the talent and drive, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post….
If you have the talent and drive, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Clerk to play a key role on the team responsible for receiving, responding to and resolving all Pay and Time related enquiries from supervisors and employees. You will act as the first point of contact for supervisors for all pay defect enquiries and will need to maintain a strong working knowledge of Payroll/Time Management/Human Resources and Benefits policies, processes and systems as well as legislative issues affecting pay.
The successful candidate will:
• Answer enquiries received by the HR Contact Centre through all communication channels, evaluate the problem, exercise discretion and judgement when selecting the appropriate course of action to resolve the situation to the mutual advantage of the employee and the Corporation, initiate the analysis of the issue by using referencing systems (e.g. SAP, case management tool), reports (e.g. SAP), external third party reports (e.g. Ceridian), legacy interfaces (e.g. IRMA, LCRMS, AIMS) and sensitive employee-specific data and, in cases where the resolution is extremely time-sensitive and could be immediately impacting employee pay, take action to resolve or escalate as appropriate
• Create cases based on information gathered during contact as well as monitor cases that users create using the self-service functionality, monitor all pending enquiries to ensure timely resolution, track the progress of unresolved or outstanding problems to ensure proper action is being taken, escalate problems within the prescribed timeframe to the second level of intervention when required, and communicate the results to callers and the supervisor
• Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of various Payroll/Time Management/Human Resources and Benefits policies, processes and systems
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all collective agreements with respect to employee total compensation and a thorough knowledge of policies, processes and systems to ensure consistency and accuracy of responses
• Educate and recommend to the caller necessary corrective action regarding SAP entries pertaining to Organization Management, Personnel Administration or Time Management and guide the caller through processes as required
• Recommend to callers self-service options available through Employee Self-Service (ESS), and educate and guide employees through processes as required
• Provide specific details to callers as appropriate with respect to employee total compensation (salary, vacation, sick leave, benefits, etc.) to ensure the accurate application of policies and collective agreements
• Based on data reports, proactively contact people managers that may be experiencing difficulty within the Time Management area to avoid potential pay affecting errors
• Identify and escalate issues and opportunities leading to improvements in the overall service provided to prevent employee complaints, supervisor concerns and union issues, assist colleagues by handling irate callers instead of transferring to supervisor when customer can be satisfied by such action, escalate irate callers to supervisor when required, inform supervisor of any backlog, missed deadlines, etc., and recommend solutions and/or improvements to processes
• Provide information for inclusion in management/audit reports as required
• Provide training support
• Remain informed and knowledgeable of CPC computer systems and reporting methodologies by using complex computer system applications
• Maintain a working knowledge of on-line computer and telecommunications equipment
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
• Fluently bilingual in French and English, both verbally and in writing
• Able to synthesize and analyze information and provide written and verbal communication in both French and English
• Strong keyboarding/typing skills of 30 wpm with 95% accuracy
• Completion of secondary school, or the equivalent
• Working towards or completion of a post-secondary diploma in a related field, or equivalent work experience is an asset
• Completion of CHRP or HR related courses would be an asset
• Minimum of one year of related work experience in a (Customer Service) Call Centre or an HR related field
• Minimum of one year of work related experience accessing information and navigating in SAP (R/3, CRM) is an asset
• Comfortable working in high pressure situations and dealing with internal or external clients
• Internet browser experience
• Experience communicating to customers over the phone or writing to them via email
• Able to effectively organize workload, set priorities and multitask
• Familiar with the Canada Post organizational structure and unions
• Working knowledge of Windows and standard PC applications such as SAP, MS Office and Outlook
• Conversant with telephone answering standards
• Able to deduce pertinent information from available data and summarize it into a concise and accurate account of the customer’s needs and concerns
• Able to maintain a professional rapport with customers, peers and line managers, particularly in stressful situations
• Able to calculate basic arithmetic
• Effective interpersonal skills, reliability, integrity, professionalism, team spirit and the proven ability to maintain confidentiality
• Adaptable to changing daily priorities and capable of spending extended periods of time on the phone and/or working at a computer
• Able to maintain a high degree of productivity and work with minimal supervision, exercising initiative, independent judgement and tact
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making – A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation’s best interests.
Accountability – An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation – A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution – A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People – A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
• Working hours: 6:00 Am -9:00PM
• Shift rotation schedule
• Multiple positions, Indeterminate and Term positions, Possibility of extension, Eligibility list to be created
Canada Post offers:
• Competitive pay
• Potential for permanent opportunities
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you’re ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21