OverviewCanada Cartage System Afternoon Dispatcher Full Time in Calgary, AB
Canada Cartage System
Branch Calgary AB CA
Experience within Logistics & Transportation considered an asset. Recognized leader in transportation logistics delivering customized solutions….
With locations across Western Canada, Canada Cartage System is a recognized leader in transportation logistics delivering customized solutions for the transportation, distribution and warehousing marketplace.
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package, advancement opportunities and career development.
As an experienced Dispatcher, you bring a minimum of 2-5 years of experience dispatching. You will have the ability and desire to develop strong relationships and expand on existing ones for the purpose of providing the best customer service. You will be a self-motivated professional who can manage high call volumes, execute the operational plan with many different driver personalities, and handle multiple priorities to ensure the highest level of customer service.
• Dispatch drivers efficiently, resulting in the reduction/elimination of non revenue hours, empty miles and to boost driver productivity
• Ensure proper placement of trailer pool to support customers’ daily requirements while maintaining costs
• Coordinating shunt and shuttle moves between multiple plants and warehouses, pre-planed and priority loads
• Maintain, alter and correct driver’s trips in A1 Transportation System
• Communicate with drivers to ensure that appointment delivery times are met
• Monitor special driver requirements for each site to ensure they are being adhered to
• Report all driver absences and tardiness to the Manager
• Generate a shift report at the conclusion of the day and forward to the Manager
• Must have an Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of the Central Alberta region
• LTL background considered an Asset
• Experience within Logistics & Transportation considered an asset
• Prior dispatch experience is required. However, the chosen candidate may be trained IF all other qualifications are met
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and possess excellent problem solving skills
• Proficient in A1 Transportation (Accellos), and Microsoft applications such as Excel and Outlook,
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Proven experience in handling multiple priorities
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule and overtime if the demand arises
• Able to work effectively in a team
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-07-31