Overviewcanada bread Production Planner – 12 Month Maternity Leave Contract Temporary in Langley, BC
Branch Langley BC CA
Production Planner – 12 Month Maternity Leave Contract
We are an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, operating 16 bakeries with over 3,800 Associates across Canada….
At Canada Bread, we pride ourselves as the leading producer and distributor of fresh bread and bakery products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, Healthy Way® and McGavins®. We are an independent business unit of Grupo Bimbo, operating 16 bakeries with over 3,800 Associates across Canada.
Our success is defined by the values that we live every day. People are central to our values. While these may just be words at other companies, at Canada Bread, they are core to our beliefs. Our values represent a common language which defines the way we work. These values are Passion, Teamwork, Trust, Quality, Effectiveness, Profitability and the Person. These are the principles that guide our behaviors and actions.
As a key contributor to Canada Bread’s success, you promote a positive culture by demonstrating our values daily in every aspect of your work and interactions with others. The DNA of a successful associate within our business are those who are driven by our values and lead by example in their daily work to achieve results. It’s not just about the results but how the results are achieved.
We aim to nourish, delight and serve Canada in extraordinary ways, which is why we create meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest.
We are currently looking to hire a Production Planner – 12 Month Contract to join our Langley team. The Production Planner will provide support to the supply planning team in order to minimize overtime and maximize direct shipments. This role will provide continued development of KPIs and ensure the application of these to assist the bakery as well as provide back-up for bake planning at Langley & Edmonton as and when required.
- Create and manage STOs (Stock Transfer Orders) within SAP for product movement between plants / distribution centers / Co-Manufacturers and Freezers
- Maintain offline planning tools and records
- Manage product supply in transit
- Daily communication with plants, planners, distribution centers, and transportation on product movement/supply
- Complete receiving and reconciliation of purchases and freezer throughput.
- Investigate and report on discrepancies, fill rate, and sales waste.
Required Skills & Experience:
- The preferred candidate will possess or be currently enrolled in post-secondary education with a focus towards
- Experience or background in a food services or manufacturing industry will be considered an asset.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, spreadsheet applications and databases, SAP knowledge and experience is an asset.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills as significant time will be spent on the phone liaising with suppliers and plant production associates.
- Must be able to work with a wide range of people from different departments to ensure product supply at expected fill rates is achieved.
Our associates include people who are enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We invite you to explore our Careers section to discover more about our high performance culture and how we build leaders at Canada Bread.
If you believe that this role could be a perfect fit for you, please send a cover letter and updated resume in Word format by clicking “Apply Now” below. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Langley, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23