OverviewCanad Inns Assistant Aaltos & Duty Manager Full Time in Winnipeg, MB
Branch Winnipeg MB CA
Assistant Aaltos & Duty Manager
§ Willing to work extended periods of time while standing and walking (up to 8 hours). Foster Teamwork… Work well in a team environment and motivate team to…
PURPOSE: To create 100% guest satisfaction by providing excellent service to guests
Areas of Responsibility:
Creates 100% guest satisfaction by providing Canad Certified Four Star Service and by exceeding guest expectations.
- § Gives personal attention, takes personal responsibility, and uses teamwork when providing guest service
- § The Duty Manager will assume all responsibilities for the management operations of the hotel during their shift.
- § Listens, apologizes with empathy, finds a solution, and follows through when resolving guest problems
- § Assumes the responsibility to notice when the guest is not satisfied and uses their best judgment to resolve the situation
- § Greets each guest politely
- § Support the Aaltos Manager to train, lead, and manage staff
- § Build check averages and guest counts to support sales and most important of all…build relationships with guests
- § Uphold our exceptional standards for customer service while maintaining proper staffing and meeting labor targets
- § Ensure the full execution of running quality shifts, driving sales and profit, and consistently achieving guest service standards
- § Control inventory, respond to customer complaints, and ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- § Checks the overall condition of Aaltos and Playmaker’s Lounge to ensure the readiness and comfort for guests
- § Remain visible and accessible to staff and guests at all times
- § Performs duties as a hands-on employee to provide Canad Four Star Service
- § Provides true leadership through maintaining a positive attitude and motivating staff
- § Demonstrates knowledge of the hotel, in-house facilities, and local information to respond to customer questions
- § The ability to acquire “Serving it Safe” certification, a recent police Criminal Record Check, and the completion of “Manitoba’s Problem Gambling Assistance Training Program” will be required.
- § Enforces MLCC rules and regulations
- § Performs other duties as assigned
Key Skills and Requirements:
- § Must be able to work in a fast paced environment that is often stressful
- § Must be hard working, reliable, and have a positive attitude
- § Willing to work extended periods of time while standing and walking (up to 8 hours)
- § Understands that repetitive tasks are part of the daily routine
- § Lifting duties may be required
- § Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- § Ability to multitask effectively
- § Ability to complete and balance cash transactions
- § Have general knowledge of hotel procedures
- § Ability to train, lead, motivate, and develop a team
- § Ability to work with public and other staff in a calm and professional manner
- § Ability to recognize and resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- § Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- § Must be bondable and able to provide a clear Criminal Record Check
- § Must have the ability to prioritize and work efficiently with limited supervision
- § Must posses or willing to obtain Serving it Safe – Management certification, First Aid and CPR Certificate
Point of Sale… Skilled in utilization of point of sale systems and / or other back of the house systems
Up-selling … Know the available products and services and suggest alternatives
Focus On the Guest… Seek to understand the guest, internal and external customers, and meet and exceed the needs of both the guest and the company.
Attend to Detail… Ensure that work is accurate, thorough, and to the highest standards.
Take Responsibility… Demonstrate personal ownership of tasks and follow through to get the required results.
Foster Teamwork… Work well in a team environment and motivate team to sustain exceptional levels of performance.
Communicate Effectively… Clarify and provide information so that coworkers, customers, and suppliers understand and can take action.
How to Apply:
For more information please contact:
Human Resources Coordinator
Email: [email protected]
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-24