Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2015-09-23
Cameray Child and Family Services Youth Worker Contract in Lower Mainland, BC
Cameray Child and Family Services
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Lower Mainland, BC
Cameray Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. Helps clients around skill-building (life skills and social skills) and models appropriate…
Youth Worker: Temporary Contract Position (October 2015 to March 2016) with possibility of extension to May/June 2016
- To assist the Activity Co-ordinator with the transition program for elementary students in the coordination of mentors and support with the program activities.
- 1 position for 12 hours per week – 3:00pm to 7:00pm Mon, Wed and Thurs.
- $16.01 per hour
- To start October 19, 2015 or asap
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Assists in the planning, organization, implementation and evaluation of community based recreational and social activities to meet client needs i.e. Homework Clubs.
- Encourages and facilitates clients participation in activities, provides guidance and instruction where necessary.
- Helps clients around skill-building (life skills and social skills) and models appropriate behaviour.
- Helps ensure the safety of the clients. Responds to emergencies in accordance with established policies and guidelines.
- Whenever required, assists in maintaining records and procedure reports
- Help coordinate Mentors for activities.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Experience working with children and youth.
- Courses or training around working with children and youth in a recreational setting.
- Cameray Child and Family Services is an equal opportunity employer.
- Successful applicants are subject to a criminal record check. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.