OverviewCambrian College Automotive Technician Part Time in Greater Sudbury, ON
Branch Greater Sudbury ON CA
Greater Sudbury, ON
Cambrian College’s School of Skills Training requires a part-time Technician to provide 9 hours of lab instruction per week beginning January 2017. Duties and
Cambrian College’s School of Skills Training requires a part-time Technician to provide 9 hours of lab instruction per week beginning January 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In cooperation with departmental coordinators, the successful individual will plan, organize, supervise, and maintain shop/lab facilities within the School of Skills Training.
- Provide technical expertise in the field of health and safety and make recommendations to the supervisor to ensure a healthy and safe environment for both staff and students.
- Evaluate equipment and other resources and make recommendations on purchases or repairs.
- Control supply inventory and monitor the budget in conjunction with the supervisor.
- Provide assistance to students conducting projects in the shop/labs while overseeing these areas as assigned.
- Collaborate with faculty in designing, modifying, acquiring, and installing laboratory equipment and laboratory procedures.
- Must have a Certificate of Qualification and Certificate of Apprenticeship.
- Three-years of hands-on experience after completion of apprenticeship training.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and the ability to complete tasks in an environment with frequent interruptions.
- Solid computer skills with standard software programs are necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding oral and written communication skills, and the ability to function effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to be an effective role model within the classroom.
Assets / Preferred
- Teaching and hands-on training experience.
- Experience within a postsecondary environment.
Additional Information CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
(Failure to attach the required documentation may disqualify applicants).
- Certificate of Qualification and Certificate of Apprenticeship.
* All candidates will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Application Details Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
Email: [email protected]
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Sudbury, ON, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-01