OverviewCambrian College Accountant Part Time in Greater Sudbury, ON
Branch Greater Sudbury ON CA
Greater Sudbury, ON
Formal professional accounting designation. Human Resources Department. Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration….
Cambrian College’s Finance and Administration department requires a part-time Accountant beginning August 2017 until August 2018. The College is seeking an experienced accounting professional with knowledge of the not-for-profit sector and who is familiar with reporting requirements for externally funded projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide accounting and financial services to budget holders with externally funded projects.
- Be responsible for all of the financial and budget information within restricted funds.
- Act as the financial advisor for student groups, restricted budget holders, and/or other external clients.
- Assist in the year-end financial statement audit and perform other accounting duties as required.
- Four-year degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
- Formal professional accounting designation.
- Minimum of five years of accounting and financial work experience.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and business practices.
- Must be a self-starter, have the ability to work effectively while balancing multiple tasks simultaneously, and possess strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and time-management skills and the ability to set priorities and work collaboratively in a deadline-sensitive environment.
- Proficient in the use of web-based software programs.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Assets / Preferred
- Previous experience in a large not-for-profit setting.
Application Details Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
Email: [email protected]
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.
Our policies supporting Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) are available on our website and include the Duty to Accommodate Policy and the Customer Service Policy .
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Sudbury, ON, CA
Posted on: 2017-07-08