OverviewCalian Clinical Social Worker Full Time in Fredericton, NB
Branch Fredericton NB CA
Clinical Social Worker
Calian is a leader in Canada’s healthcare industry with a dynamic team of healthcare professionals delivering premier services coast to coast….
Clinical Social Worker
Location: Fredericton, NB
Career #: 29719
Date Posted: 2016-11-02
About the role:
- As an Operational Trauma and Stress Support Centre, CFB Gagetowns’s mental health team provides assessment and assistance to serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces dealing with stress arising from military operations. They offer individual treatment services and group treatment services for members suffering from Operational Stress Injuries as well as general mental health support for a wide range of mental health illnesses.
- Managing crisis interventions and assessing risks
- Conducting bio-psychosocial assessments and formulating targeted treatment plans
- Providing individual, couples and group treatment services for a range of mental illnesses and/or addictions including stress, depression, anxiety, PTSD etc.
- Providing case coordination and advocating on the behalf of the Forces member
- Developing & facilitating educational activities and outreach materials to groups
- Creating and maintaining confidential client reports on treatment services
Are looking for a rewarding position where you can make a difference? Join CFB Gagetown’s mental health team as a Medical Social Worker and work alongside a mental health team consisting of Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses, Addictions Counsellors, and Medical Social Workers.
– Collaborative clinic settings
– Motivated clients with diverse presenting issues
– Healthy work-life balance with built in time for administrative duties
– Generous allotments of time for booked appointments
– No overhead or administrative costs
Your Key Duties Include:
- To be eligible for this position you must meet all of the following three requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Social Work from a recognized university
- Must have a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience providing a broad range of activities in an adult mental health care environment including: administering assessments and providing treatment and delivering clinical counseling for individuals, couples and groups.
- Must hold a current membership certificate with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers
Type of Assignment:
- – Full Time (37.5 hours per week ), Part Time 2-3 days per week also available
– Clinic operating hours Monday through Friday
– Comprehensive benefit plan, 5 weeks of paid leave per year, and 11 paid stat holidays offered for full time
About Calian Health:
Calian is a leader in Canada’s healthcare industry with a dynamic team of healthcare professionals delivering premier services coast to coast. Through our exclusive contract with the Department of National Defence Calian’s healthcare professionals work in partnership with military teams providing quality healthcare to Canadian Armed Forces members. Our team consists of over 550 healthcare professionals in over 30 base clinic locations across Canada.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fredericton, NB, CA
Posted on: 2016-11-03