OverviewCalgary Catholic Immigration Society Settlement Counsellor/Wellness Educator Full Time in Calgary, AB
Calgary Catholic Immigration Society
Branch Calgary AB CA
Settlement Counsellor/Wellness Educator
Arranges for interpretative services. The primary goal of this position is to implement, deliver and monitor the information & orientation on activities…
Name of Position: Settlement Counsellor/Wellness Educator
Division: Resettlement & Integration
Terms of Employment: Full Time – 40 hours/week
1 year maternity replacement
The primary goal of this position is to implement, deliver and monitor the information & orientation on activities designed to educate government assisted and privately sponsored refugees on health & wellness issues in conjunction with the Canadian healthcare systems.
This position will provide administrative support to the Team Lead.
- Provides assistance for clients in the completion of health related forms e.g. child and adult health benefits.
- Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Computer Literacy – familiarity with Microsoft Office programs.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is preferred.
- Experience in communicating with clients of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Work related experience with immigrant and refugee populations would be an asset.
- Familiarity with health care systems required.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by 4:00 p.m on August 19th, 2016.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check.
CCIS thanks all applicants, however, only those selected to compete further for this position will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2016-08-12