OverviewCAA Alberta Executive Assistant, Government & Stakeholder Relations Full Time in Edmonton, AB
Branch Edmonton AB CA
Executive Assistant, Government & Stakeholder Relations
You have a post-secondary degree or diploma in business, legal assistance or equivalent. Work alongside the Vice President, Government & Stakeholder Relations…
Are you a sponge and want to learn and grow? Does strategy setting and implementing get you out of bed in the morning? Do you have a knack for detail, and there isn’t anything too small? Does factual inaccuracy drive you to the point of distraction? If you answered yes to any of the above, read on.
Here’s what we need. We are looking for a keen, organized, and business savvy professional who’s looking for their next big challenge. We need someone who is detail oriented, and knows that there is no task too big or too small. We need someone who loves board governance, taking meeting minutes and organizing piles of complex Board materials like they’ve been doing it all their life. We need someone who is strategic, driven by their own initiative, and wants to contribute to the team. We need someone who thrives on pressure, is calm amidst chaos and is so efficient that they use the time waiting for the elevator to plot their next undertaking. Not because they have to – but because making effective, organized use of time is the only way they know how to function. It’s in your DNA. If this sounds like you, see if you might like doing this.
What Moves You
- You’re a flexible team player who excels in a fast-paced environment and thrives on change.
- You’re driven and want to learn more about business, board governance, and supporting executive leadership.
- You are positive, upbeat, fun and love people.
- You love organizing and recording. Your photo albums are organized and labeled and your grocery list has been constructed to map the layout of the market.
- You never need to be told what to do… when you see something that needs doing, you get on it!
- You’re known as “the vault” when it comes to maintaining confidentiality.
- You take pride in having things “just so” and making sure every need is met for the people you host.
- You insist on accuracy. While you’re fun-loving, you take the business of business seriously and like to be able to lay your hands on the right information at the drop of a hat.
What You’ll Do
- Work alongside the Vice President, Government & Stakeholder Relations and the Assistant to the President in providing support to the Boards of AMA. You’ll be responsible for an overall understanding of board governance, compiling agenda and meeting packages, taking comprehensive minutes of Board meetings, maintaining all Board correspondence, and performing any necessary research on topics discussed. In a nutshell, you’ll summarize complex business conversations, discussions and decisions into easy to understand and easy to follow records—critical not only for our organization, but to the regulatory agencies that we report to.
- Communicate with members of the Board and other stakeholders on behalf of the Executive staff.
- Provide strategic and administrative support to the Vice President, Government & Stakeholder Relations and team. Not only will you keep things well oiled, but you’ll be an integral member of the team, working on projects, along with strategy setting and execution.
What You’ve Done
- You have a post-secondary degree or diploma in business, legal assistance or equivalent. You’re fluent in business, coupled with an eagerness to learn and build corporate insights.
- You know how to work with Boards and you understand the dynamics of a professional Executive environment.
- You know how to record minutes, format financial documents, organize and run multi-faceted, multi-day meetings and adapt to the changing priorities and pressures inherent in an Executive environment. All without missing a beat.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-05-22