OverviewBusiness Analyst, Product Development (2 positions) in Toronto, ON
Branch Toronto ON CA
Business Analyst, Product Development (2 positions)
workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis , task and… and business analysis Assist in defining business…
Department : Product Development
Reports To : Director, Product Development
Position : Full-Time, Staff
Location : Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
TVO is Ontario’s public educational media organization and a trusted source of
interactive educational content that informs, inspires, and stimulates curiosity
and thought. Our vision is to empower people to be engaged citizens of Ontario
through educational media.
We are currently seeking 2 Business Analysts, Product Development, to support the efforts of TVO’s Product Development team.
TVO is embarking on an ambitious long-term strategy to identify and leverage opportunities to drive
value through the development of unique products that will help transform digital education and further
deepen engagement with current affairs throughout Ontario.
The Business Analysts will provide TVO’s product development team with objective and comprehensive
analysis of business requirements given internal and external conditions. The incumbent assists the product
development manager with everything from competitive landscape analysis to eliciting requirements and is
responsible for documenting processes.
The ideal candidate:
This position requires a smart, energetic, strategic thinker with experience working with both internal and
external customers. This individual has experience working closely with teams across a wide spectrum of
experiences and expertise, the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences, strong
analytical, critical thinking and writing skills, and an understanding of ongoing business challenges in the
changing digital landscape across a large media organization. Familiarity with software requirements and
the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge ® ( BABOK ®) is an asset.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis , task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources to distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Business Requirements Document, Competitive Landscape, Process documents
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language
- Contribute to all phases of the product & project lifecycle of new and existing ventures
- Leverage insights and recommendations to contribute to the current business models, drive growth and improve user experience
- Provide analysis of competitive landscape
- Conduct market research, data collection and business analysis
- Assist in defining business objectives, models and KPIs
- Analyze and identify emerging approaches, technology, and features in digital education and current affairs
- Assist in managing product development process, from roadmap creation to prototyping to testing
- University degree required; degree in Business is an asset
- The Certification of Competency in Business AnalysisTM (CCBA®) designation and familiarity with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge ® ( BABOK ®) is an asset
- 3+ years’ experience translating business objectives into technical software development requirements
- Ideally, experience working in an educational environment
- Hands-on experience in the definition, documentation end reporting of program scope and objectives
- Superior interpersonal, relationship building and communications skills, tact and judgment
- Superior oral and written communication skills, preferably with experience creating detailed documents
- Outstanding analytical skills are required, with a successful history in researching collecting, end synthesizing diverse information from varied sources
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment is an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume by October 3rd, 2014.
For additional information about TVO, please visit the company’s website at www.tvo.org
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate potential applicants
with disabilities through the Talent and Engagement office. Upon request, all job postings will
be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an
interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries from agencies please.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2014-09-11