OverviewBulkley Valley Research Centre Finance Coordinator Contract in Smithers, BC
Bulkley Valley Research Centre
Branch Smithers BC CA
Track all project budgets and report financials to project leaders on a quarterly basis (at a minimum). The successful candidate will have experience in project…
The Finance Coordinator (FC) is the accountant responsible for recording all revenues and expenses, assets, liabilities, and equity for the 20-30 ongoing research and monitoring projects managed by the Bulkley Valley Research Centre. The Centre’s annual revenues range from $400,000 to $600,000 for research projects and $60,000 to $90,000 for operations. The tasks outlined below provide a framework for this position and detail some of the necessary duties.
- Support the Executive Director (ED) and Director of Operations with drafting an annual budget
- File charity returns annually and GST semi-annually
- Prepare financial information required for the Annual Report
- Prepare payroll and remittance monthly
- Receive and deposit payment from funders
- Pay bills within 30 days of receipt
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly
- Report and pay WCB annually
- Report the financials to the ED on a quarterly basis
- Report on financial contract obligations
- Track all project budgets and report financials to project leaders on a quarterly basis (at a minimum)
- File financial paperwork for projects
- Track equipment purchased for projects and provide an inventory
- Maintain BVRC membership list and process membership dues
- Check mail periodically
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will have experience in project accounting and using Excel and Word. Experience using QuickBooks is an asset. The ideal candidate will also be self-directed and highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
This is an ongoing, contract position with competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience. The position is an overall half-time position (reflective of BVRC office hours) and work hours may vary from week to week.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Leigh-Ann Fenwick, at [email protected] by April 4, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
FC job description.pdf
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Smithers, BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-03