OverviewBulkley Valley Research Centre Administrative Coordinator Part Time in Smithers, BC
Bulkley Valley Research Centre
Branch Smithers BC CA
Provides administrative assistance to the Executive Director (ED). The Administrative Coordinator provides operational and administrative support to the Bulkley…
The Administrative Coordinator provides operational and administrative support to the Bulkley Valley Research Centre through research project management, human resources assistance, event planning, and general office administration.
- Acts as point of contact for the BVRC
- Provides administrative assistance to the Executive Director (ED)
- Implements, monitors and updates BVRC policies and procedures
- Provides and initiates general policy development, office maintenance, and solutions to ensure the efficient operation of the BVRC
- Provides administration to partner organizations
- Maintains equipment inventory
Project Management Support
- Contract administration and monitoring
- Oversees budget management and tracking for research projects
- Coordination of field school and workshops
- Implements internal and external human resources policies, including mentoring and coaching BVRC staff and researchers
- Supports the ED with BVRC client relations
Qualifications and Experience
We welcome applicants who are community- and volunteer-minded, and possess a positive outlook. The ideal candidate will be self-directed, outgoing, and able to deal with diverse and challenging situations related to human resources and project management. A science background (BSc) is an asset, but not required.
This is an ongoing, contract position with competitive compensation based on qualifications and experience. The position is an overall half-time position (reflective of BVRC office hours) and work hours may vary from week to week.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Executive Director, Leigh-Ann Fenwick, at [email protected] by April 4, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Smithers, BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04