Employment Type: Freelance
Posted on: 2016-11-01
Brunel Energy Electrical Planner Contract in Nanticoke, ON
Branch Nanticoke ON CA
Coordinate the development of craft estimates for each portion of the work. Are you a *Electrical Planner*….
Are you a Electrical Planner and interested in joining the team of our client? Our client is a major Oil and Gas company which is looking for a driven, independent and enthusiastic Electrical Planner. The role will be located in Nanticoke ON, no LOA provided.
The primary area of focus is multi-craft or multi-vendor activities which require detailed scope development and execution coordination
- Responsible for developing operations work plans per the approved planning processes, generating accurate job packages and cost estimates, obtaining release of planned work orders, and creating task lists.
- Responsibilities include communication, schedule management, and assisting project team members with their individual contributions to the project.
- Attend project meetings and assist with determination of project requirements and preliminary schedules.
- Establishes, monitors, reviews, and evaluates progress of project work plan and calendar.
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades.
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes positive and constructively.
- Assess risks and hazards to the success of the project and take appropriate measures for avoidance.
- Under general direction and minimal guidance, uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products/services or processes.
- Review work orders assigned to their work center (main work center or operations work center) within SAP
- Develop detailed work scope and execution plan for each work order assigned
- Coordinate the development of craft estimates for each portion of the work
- Develop detailed work packages for appropriate jobs
- Maintain estimate, execution details and resource requirements in SAP
- Coordinate execution details with Operations to ensure energy isolation and permit requirements are met
- Coordinate execution details with schedulers to ensure an accurate total shutdown schedule
- Review shutdown work lists for orders which may impact their assigned work or required resources
- Work with shutdown team to identify and resolve potential conflicts in resources and work areas
- Coordinate the development of shutdown plot plans to show work areas, laydown areas, crane set locations, blast zone restrictions, emergency response access, etc.
- Work with schedulers before, during and after the shutdown to ensure the schedule status is accurate and potential problems are identified as early as possible
- Populate existing lists with engineering deliverables and long delivery materials.
- For Sub Critical Path and large equipment jobs, provide detailed estimates supported by input from key execution contractors.
- Support Logistics estimating & planning & Support Cost Engineering as required.
- Support Class Estimates with detailed estimates & develop job packs.
- Participate in SMED reviews to provide input with optimization of critical and sub-critical path jobs.
- Incorporate any SMED related scope upgrades into estimates & planning.
- Incorporate IH plan recommendations into job plans.
- Develop Confined Space Entries c/w rescue & ventilation plans.
- Develop duration permit package for review with SSHE Dept for endorsement.
- Support closure of Turnaround reviews & Integrated Event Review follow-ups.
- Leads management of Turnaround Work revisions & added work during the execution phase of the event.
Level 2 Multi-Discipline Requirements:
- 5+ years of Manufacturing / Projects / Construction experience with increasing responsibilities
- Turnaround Experience
- Demonstrates an advanced, deep level of knowledge on the subject.
- Understands related functional disciplines and inter-relationships (e.g. Operations, mechanical disciplines, technical specialists, business teams, contractors)
- Helps to shape the direction and effectiveness of the overall organization and event team
- P6 experience
- Able to consult with other subject matter experts and “best practices”. Provide internal team coaching and motivation
Job Type: Contract
- P6 and SAP: 5 years
- Turnaround Planning: 1 year