OverviewBrookfield Renewable Student, Quantitative Analyst (Summer 2017) Temporary in Gatineau, QC
Branch Gatineau QC CA
Student, Quantitative Analyst (Summer 2017)
Knowledge of power engineering is an asset; Currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program in the areas of Mathematics, Computer Science,…
Reporting to the Manager, Market Risk, the student will assist the team in studying and running a power flow optimization/analytical software to support energy trading strategies; and also collaborate in the management of financial risk associated to the energy markets.
- Review software manual process;
- Collect, convert, review and clean-up all data inputs;
- Run optimization model, conduct scenario analysis, debug/explain & summarize results;
- Program new features (add-ons) to the optimization model as required;
- Participate in group initiatives to improve risk reporting and reporting infrastructure/processes;
- Work on ad-hoc analytical requests from senior management and other teams;
- Support the Market Risk Group in other various tasks.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary program in the areas of Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or similar quantitative field (preferably 3rd or 4th year, or a Master’s student);
- Strong analytical capabilities with demonstrated proficiency in modeling;
- Programming experience with Matlab;
- Knowledge of power engineering is an asset;
- English is required (French is an asset).
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information to understand issues, identify options, and support sound decision making;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a dedication to achieving high quality results with the organization’s standards;
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively in a team setting.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Gatineau, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24