OverviewBrookfield Global Integrated Solutions Senior Project Manager, Major Capital Projects Full Time in Quebec City, QC
Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions
Branch Quebec City QC CA
Senior Project Manager, Major Capital Projects
Quebec City, QC
A high-visibility senior project delivery role in building related infrastructure design and construction for a confident manager of people, resources and…
A high-visibility senior project delivery role in building related infrastructure design and construction for a confident manager of people, resources and client expectations.
Known for your accomplishments as a Senior Project Manager related to the design and construction industry, and your ability to engage with senior executives and build credibility with clients, especially when dealing with multiple project delivery objectives, you bring a breadth of skills, experience and emotional intelligence that inspires excellence and drives quality results. You are an exceptional communicator, able to manage relationships and performance, someone clients know they can count on to put in place the people, resources and processes required not only to deliver on project specifications but to meet their highest expectations.
Reporting to a Project Director, you will be responsible for planning, developing, delivering, and reporting on assigned projects within scope, schedule and budget, and in line with corporate and client procedural boundaries. Typically major projects range in size $1 million plus to several hundred million and include renovation projects, installations and/or new construction projects such as major facility renovations and fit ups, consolidations, new builds, to energy retrofits and critical environments.
The projects carried out by the Project Delivery Services group makes this position an exciting opportunity to be involved in different project delivery models, have exposure to a variety of stakeholder interests, deepen your knowledge base and advance your career. You will be part of a Project Management team delivering services that span across all project phases, from workplace planning to pre-construction and design development and management of construction. Our group delivers projects associated with a major program of projects across Canada.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and oversees the end-to-end delivery of assigned projects. At this level, projects managed are typically of moderate to high complexity, risk and exposure;
- In collaboration with project stakeholders, defines project scope, deliverables and requirements;
- Develops and implements project plans;
- Determines resource and budget requirements, cost estimates, and timelines;
- Identifies project risks and develops and implements mitigation and contingency plans;
- Monitors project delivery against timelines and ensures timely completion;
- Oversees the activities of project team members and monitors project task completion;
- Communicates project status to relevant stakeholders;
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, within scope, budget and requirements, and complies with all regulatory, environmental and health and safety requirements;
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with clients.
- Responsible for resolving issues, managing client expectations, and ensuring client satisfaction;
- May be accountable for providing immediate supervision to project administration and coordination roles.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: University degree and/or Community college diploma or equivalent training (e.g. RPA, CET)
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE: More than ten years
Knowledge & Skills
- University degree and/or Community college diploma preferably in project management, architectural technology, construction technology, engineering, engineering technology or equivalent work experience;
- Ten (10) years of project management work experience;
- Advanced ability to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, within specifications, and compliant with all requirements including but not limited to regulatory, environmental, health, and safety requirements;
- Highly advanced ability to develop and manage project budget;
- Highly advanced ability to mitigate and manage project risks;
- Highly ability to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve desired outcomes;
- Highly advanced communication and interpersonal skills in both official languages preferred;
- Highly advanced ability to develop and maintain relationships with project stakeholders;
- Highly advanced ability to manage client relationships and expectations;
- A high degree of client service orientation;
- Ability to manage vendor relationships and performance;
- Possesses a continuous improvement and quality mindset along with a desire to continuously seek and incorporate best practices and technologies in order to optimize project delivery and deliver value to the client;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment;
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications in particular – MS Project, Primavera, MS Excel, MS Outlook, along with ability to quickly learn new applications.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
· Project Management Institute Accreditation considered an asset
· LEED certification considered an asset
· P.Eng. would be considered an asset
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Québec City, QC, CA
Posted on: 2017-02-12