OverviewBrookfield Global Integrated Solutions Real Estate Portfolio Manager Full Time in Montréal, QC
Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions
Branch Montréal QC CA
Real Estate Portfolio Manager
Demonstrated experience in real estate negotiations; 10 years corporate real estate or leasing experience….
The Real Estate Portfolio Manager role is a key senior role responsible for the oversight and management of all leased and owned property interests globally, primarily within the office and corporate real estate property areas.
The primary responsibilities are to manage all leasing and leases, property transaction and critical date planning for all client occupied sites within the core / non-core property lists. Deliver the directed property activities resulting from the client Location Strategy
Be the principal source of property knowledge and advice to our client including provision of appropriate external benchmarking for all Services and locations. Maintain relationships with key internal client parties to ensure seamless communication and knowledge transfer.
Develop and maintain relationships and networks with external parties such as developers, brokers, landlords, and professional corporate real estate associations to facilitate an effective long-term relationship and create a positive position for our client.
To effectively and efficiently carry out the tasks and deliver the services required of Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions under the terms of the Agreement with our client
Working closely with the management team to formulate and implement proactive and innovative strategies for the client’s accommodation strategy. Achieving optimal property occupation and performance by maximizing returns and minimizing operational costs;
HSE policies and procedures are met and maintained by all stakeholders.
- Meet all Contract financial KPI’s;
- Prepare, submit and present accurate yearly rental budgets, quarterly reforecasts and monthly property finance reports to the commercial manager / Glo bal Account Lead for approval;
- Ensure timely rental payments are approved;
- Review and approve all invoices under contract and Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions guidelines and submit for payment;
- Provide performance reporting of real estate transaction activities against agreed performance parameters;
- Manage all rent review processes (market and fixed/CPI) in accordance with the set KPI’s;
- Manage the process of rental collection for the allocated portfolio;
- Liaise with the Client’s appointed Debt Recovery and other suppliers in regard to financial recoveries;
- Undertake and manage all monthly, quarterly and annual financial planning where required across all Services as well performance management, risk management, benchmarking and reporting.
- Provide a full financial appraisal and work with the proposed Rio Tinto finance representative to finalize any property business cases.
- Oversee the transaction management function, and ensure the best location and value for the Rio Tinto’s corporate real estate portfolio.
- Oversee the project management function, and act as a lead integrator between the business and the delivery of Real Estate Projects.
- Oversee the operations management function, and ensure that the real estate portfolio provides the most effective and efficient platform for operational service delivery.
- Principal source of property knowledge and advice to Rio Tinto including provision of appropriate external benchmarking for all Services and locations
- Define and implement workplace strategies to optimize and best utilize the corporate real estate portfolio, driving process efficiency while ensure co-ordination with other Rio Tinto support functions and operations, in particular Organizational Resources (OR) and GBS (Global Business Services).
- Review, evaluate and prepare quantitative and qualitative analysis of prospective Transaction and Real Estate Projects to present to Rio Tinto.
- Maintain relationships with key internal Rio Tinto parties to ensure seamless communication and knowledge transfer.
- Work cross-functionally and drive improvement initiatives with the transactions management function, project management function, lease administration function, operations management function and Rio Tinto to ensure that business operations are appropriately supported by the corporate real estate portfolio.
- Manage the contract and service delivery in accordance with Contract KPI’s & client expectations of your role.
- Manage customer relationships to a level that would result in the client being prepared to recommend Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions to others.
- Prepare and provide monthly reports and information as required.
- Manage Client meetings including the preparation of the meeting agenda and minutes.
- Operate in accordance with the Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions Values, enabling a cohesive and positive working environment.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with the wider Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions team including the following:
- Stakeholders at all levels of the Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions team
- All members of Client service delivery teams
- Other remaining stakeholders including JV partners, consortia members, support consultants, contractors and suppliers
- Actively promote team members to maximize their performance and realize their potential through coaching and mentoring, work opportunities, internal and external development including those outside immediate business team.
- Actively promote teamwork within the team, contract and business.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong demonstrated experience in a property or corporate real estate environment or at a senior level in a similarly complex industry; including Canada and US.
- Proven ability in working within an integrated services and property model delivering a Property Management, Facilities Management, Project Management and Financial Management Services;
- Sound knowledge and experience in Government practices, relevant legislation and policies standards and agreements pertaining to property;
- Demonstrated experience in real estate negotiations;
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated business planning and high-level financial knowledge and skills;
- Able to respond quickly to change and adopt a flexible/ innovative approach to problems and opportunities.
- Proficient in desktop applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of a Computerized Maintenance Management System knowledge (CMMS) e.g. Pinnacle would be advantageous
- An understanding of analysis, interpretation and reporting requirement related to property-related information and trends;
- Expertise in use of property management information systems
- 10 years corporate real estate or leasing experience
- Travel may be required.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- A current Real Estate Certificate of Registration or License in ;
- Formal tertiary qualifications in Property, Commerce, Business or similar discipline;
- Current Drivers License.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2016-05-20