Employment Type: Temporary
Posted on: 2017-01-24
British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) Program Assistant, Specialty Nursing Temporary in Burnaby, BC
British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Program Assistant, Specialty Nursing
Wellness and Employee Assistance programs. BCIT’s School of Health Sciences requires a temporary, full-time Program Assistant to participate in various…
BCIT’s School of Health Sciences requires a temporary, full-time Program Assistant to participate in various operational activities. The successful candidates will move between the two specialty nursing department offices on the Burnaby campus to support programs in the following ways:
- Provide support and ensure delivery of part-time and compressed time frame, full-time, distributed learning and online courses and programs.
- Problem-solve, track and follow-up on a variety of issues such as student information, administrative and financial issues on behalf of the students and the department.
- Communicate and work closely with internal institute departments and external industry organizations.
- Streamline the clinical application and placement process by creating fillable forms, tracking clinical requests and application information.
- Work collaboratively with the program heads and clinical coordinators to request clinical placements through HSPnet and track and communicate acceptance of requests.
- Liase with health authority clinical placement coordinators to resolve placement issues and collaborate with programs to ensure appropriate clinical placements.
- Function as an integral part of a team consisting of program heads, faculty, support staff, and students.
- Recommend and participate in quality improvement processes.
- Develop electronic filing system for specialty nursing department and support records management.
- Processing documents for credentials.
- Provide vacation coverage as needed and assume department tasks as needed.
WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER:
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a competitive pension plan
- Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses
- Subsidized parking and fitness facilities
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- Grade 12, plus six months of formal training in office practices and business software applications.
- Two years’ general office experience plus one year of experience in a position of similar responsibility, preferably in an educational environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must have formal training and experience in Microsoft Office software, database and student information systems.
- Accurate keyboarding skills of 50 wpm.
- Ability to take minutes.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service including communicating with external clients.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, problem solve and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Knowledge of HSPnet, Banner and Cognos preferred.
- Ability to track financial information.
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Administrative and Professional Opportunities
Pay Grade 6; $43,798 with yearly increments to $47,440 per annum.
Prorated based on term of appointment.