OverviewBritish Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) Program Assistant, Nursing Temporary in Burnaby, BC
British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Program Assistant, Nursing
Wellness and Employee Assistance programs. BCIT’s School of Health Sciences requires a temporary, part-time (0.6) Program Assistant to join their team….
BCIT’s School of Health Sciences requires a temporary, part-time (0.6) Program Assistant to join their team. The Program Assistant ensures the efficient operation of the program by providing day-to-day clerical assistance and administrative support to the quality process of the program. In addition to compiling information from various systems and sources into presentations and reports, the Program Assistant will be responsible for file management for the department. The incumbent will provide a high level of collaboration and communication to students, faculty, and staff.
WHAT THIS POSITION HAS TO OFFER:
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a competitive pension plan
- Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses
- Subsidized parking and fitness facilities
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- Grade 12, plus the equivalent of up to one year full-time post-secondary program in business administration or a similar program.
- Two years general experience plus up to six months of current, relevant experience in a position of similar responsibility.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Intermediate knowledge of Power Point.
- Experience with web design software.
- Proven ability and willingness to learn and utilize new technology and computer programs.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with internal and external contacts with tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
- Accurate keyboarding skills of 60 wpm.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve, establish priorities, manage multiple deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Familiarity with the various roles in nursing is an asset.
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Administrative and Professional Opportunities
Pay Grade 5; $41,755 with yearly increments to $45,039 per annum.
Prorated based on term and percentage of appointment.
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2017-01-24