OverviewBritish Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) Multi Media Developer Temporary in Burnaby, BC
British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT)
Branch Burnaby BC CA
Multi Media Developer
Portfolio of custom-built web applications or equivalent examples of work required; Ensures consistent translation of design to function for web applications,…
The Learning and Teaching Centre (LTC) at BCIT is looking for temporary, full-time Multimedia Developer.
In this varied and challenging role, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and supporting interactive instructional multimedia applications; and coordinating and/or liaising with other departments and groups to create and maintain centralized production standards for digital educational multimedia in the LTC and BCIT schools and departments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Meets with clients to determine project scope and recommends most feasible course of action for development.
- Advises clients on appropriate multimedia costs, timelines and production process.
- Coordinates budget and schedule required to complete cost-effective multimedia projects.
- Handles storyboarding/wire-framing UI/UX and IA design and development.
- Writes well-organized and logical code for front-end database and back-end integration.
- Ensures consistent translation of design to function for web applications, with a focus on usability and adoption.
- Provides ongoing maintenance and support for custom-built applications and systems.
- Works with team to organize and maintain learning object repository and development servers
- Researches new and evolving software including testing and prototyping, to determine availability, performance and compatibility with existing equipment for instructional or informational purposes.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI .
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Grade 12, plus completion of a two-year diploma program or equivalent in digital media, web development, computer systems / programming.
- Two years’ general computer systems experience plus four years’ experience in a similar position, in the development and implementation of educational multimedia within the post-secondary environment.
- Demonstrated expertise in multimedia applications and proven experience in multimedia development and programming.
- Experience as a project manager with a proven ability to establish priorities, identify tasks, coordinate the activities of project participants and report on the status of a project.
- Experience training/mentoring faculty an asset.
- Portfolio of custom-built web applications or equivalent examples of work required;
- Examples of applications made for multiple platforms (standalone apps, widgets, mobile, AR/VR…etc.) an asset.
- Experience developing for LMS, SCORM, educational software highly preferred.
- Familiar with basic data structure and algorithms, restful APIs, API design, version control
- Graphic and media skills:
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and other design tools.
- Basic audio, video editing and formatting knowledge an asset.
- Ability to effectively analyze learning situations to identify and solve technology-related.
- Ability to explain technical decisions to the broader team and project sponsors.
- Eagerness and aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Must be a team player, with demonstrated ability to work in the dual role of team participant and team leader.
- Professional, reliable, with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective training and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to train adult learners.
- Creative and visual thinker; keen eye for layout design, understanding of design principles.
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
- Customer service orientation in all client interactions (internal and external).
*Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Administrative and Professional Opportunities
Pay Grade 10; $55,679 with yearly increments to $60,417 per annum.
Prorated based on term of appointment.
Quicklink for Posting:
Employment Type: Temporary
Location: Burnaby, BC, CA
Posted on: 2018-04-04