OverviewBoys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC Summer Camp Coordinator – Camp Potlatch Part Time in Vancouver, BC
Boys and Girls Clubs of South Coast BC
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Summer Camp Coordinator – Camp Potlatch
Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as living on site for the duration of the Camp program (May – October)….
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director of Camp and Facilities, the Summer Camp Coordinator is responsible for a range of responsibilities that include services, administration, human resource functions, and program delivery associated with the summer camp operations at Camp Potlatch.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the summer camp program.
- Supports the Camp Manager with the day-to-day operation of the Outdoor Centre.
- Ensures that Boys and Girls Club’s program standards, guidelines and policies are followed, and that the programs align with BGC’s mission, vision, values, and strategic direction.
- Ensures the BC Camping Association Standards are upheld.
- Ensures that the physical, emotional, social, safety, well-being, first aid, and nutritional needs of campers are met within Boys and Girls Club standards, guidelines, and policies.
- Provides behaviour management techniques and other best practices as outlined in the training segments.
- Assists with administration, budgeting, quality assurance, and program evaluation.
- Provides day-to-day leadership to the staff team, and deliver direct program delivery as necessary.
- Other related duties as required.
- Clean Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector).
- An undergraduate degree or diploma in a related field, preferably in recreation, social services, or child and youth care.
- A minimum of two years working in a senior leadership role(s) at an accredited summer camp or other large child and youth-serving recreation sector program.
- Provincial/Nationally recognized certifications in swimming, canoeing, kayaking, and rock climbing (Challenge Course).
- A Class IV driver’s license (process must be initiated within 30 days and obtained within 3 months of start date).
- Standard First Aid and CPR level C.
- Occupational First Aid Level III (must be obtained within 6 months).
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI) training (must be obtained within 3 months).
- Participate in BGC’s Put the Child First training.
- Experience supervising, training, evaluating, and recognizing volunteers.
- Demonstrated teamwork, leadership, and supervisory skills with the ability to problem solve and find resolutions to issues/conflict.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Advanced computer and data management experience, with working knowledge of MS Office and computerized registration systems.
- Superior organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under pressure and remain focused within a constantly changing work environment.
- Willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as well as living on site for the duration of the Camp program (May – October).
Employment Type: Part Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-23