OverviewBow Valley College Principal Gifts Officer Contract in Calgary, AB
Bow Valley College
Branch Calgary AB CA
Principal Gifts Officer
Act as the Fund Development lead (typically in concert with College leaders and/or senior volunteers) in gift solicitations of $1,000,000 and greater to fund…
Bow Valley College contributes to the vitality of communities and strength of the economy through innovative adult education programs and services. We equip students for successful living, lifelong learning, and employment in a global knowledge-based environment.
Why work at Bow Valley College? We have been named one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers for 2015. Bow Valley College is made up of employees who are committed to our learners´ success, as well as each other´s. Our staff and faculty consistently say it is the people who keep them at the College, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students, and the incredible support they receive from their co-workers and supervisors.
We are actively searching for the ideal candidate to fill the position of Principal Gifts Officer.
Reporting to the Director of Fund Development, the Principal Gifts Officer (PGO) will work closely with the Director, Fund Development, the President and CEO of the College, and the Associate Vice-President, College Advancement, to lead the cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of the College’s most generous and highest potential donors and prospects.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop identification, cultivation and solicitation strategies for a select group of the College’s most generous donors and high potential prospects
- Build and steward a network of relationships with prospective donors, and high-level volunteers, while also involving College administrators and facult
- Facilitate and coordinate all communication with these prospects and volunteers, and among their campus relationship
- Evaluate various gift opportunities and giving vehicles and recommends the most suitable for a particular donor
- Develop strategies for, and facilitate interaction with, principal gift prospects and volunteers by the President and others as appropriate.
- Prepare briefings and other support as required
- Travel as required with the President and selected other College officers, faculty, and senior volunteers
- Give highest priority to establishing and maintaining donor relationships through personal visits and contacts.
- Interact with internal contacts such as Deans, Directors, Faculty, Officers, and other Fund Development staff to consult on College needs, to formulate strategies to promote prospect and volunteer engagement with the College, and to identify potential high level donors and senior volunteers.
- Lead or assist with the strategy for, and creation of, written communications from the President and other senior administrators appropriate to a donor’s interest.
- In conjunction with the prospect researcher, identifies new prospects through personal visits, networking and other activities.
- Act as the Fund Development lead (typically in concert with College leaders and/or senior volunteers) in gift solicitations of $1,000,000 and greater to fund College priorities.
- Lead, collaborate in or support development of funding proposals for principal gift prospects.
Perform additional activities related to the Development effort as directed by the Director of Fund Development
- Post-secondary degree and minimum of seven years of experience in major gift fundraising, preferably in higher education, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Successful track record in securing gifts of $1,000,000 and above.
- Experience working with sensitive information and relationships, being tactful in high-level discussions, and maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Preferred: Knowledge of Bow Valley College and/or the post-secondary environment in Calgary and Alberta.
- Required: member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, including adherence to the Donor Bill of Rights and Code of Ethics. CFRE designation (or willingness to work toward) is an asset.
This is a 3-year contract position.
Please note all successful candidates will be required to provide government issued identification and proof of educational qualifications upon hire and may be required to provide an enhanced police information check.
Minimum Education Requirements
Employment Type: Freelance
Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-01