OverviewBMO Financial Group Senior Service Coordinator, Technology and Operations Full Time in Montréal, QC
BMO Financial Group
Branch Montréal QC CA
Senior Service Coordinator, Technology and Operations
Department : Trading Products Services Permanent position, night shifts, 37.5h per week Schedule : Monday to Friday 12:00 am to 8:30 am + work all
Department : Trading Products Services
Permanent position, night shifts, 37.5h per week
Monday to Friday 12:00 am to 8:30 am + work all statutory holidays
Location : Place Bonaventure, 800 de la Gauchetiere W., Montreal
Support the manager to coordinate and oversee the work flow and activities of the team, including assigning work, periodically reviewing output, providing input to employee performance reviews, training and problem resolution. Assist the manager in ensuring volume goals, turnaround times and quality expectations are met, while maintaining strict adherence to control procedures and compliance regulations. Escalate/ assist the manager with problem resolution. Fulfill routine and non-routine transactions, internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/ requests, and/or audit/ reconciliation activities, as required. Analyze and resolve issues efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and industry standards, focusing on up to a three-month time horizon. Act as primary back-up to team members and as back-up to the manager. Recommend/ implement process improvements.
Product & Process
- Assist the manager by performing activities such as coordination and scheduling of work, resource forecasting, quality control, training, team coaching and guidance, research and problem resolution.
- Act as back-up in the manager’s absence and as primary back-up to team members in the event of absence or vacancy.
- Process and/or fulfill transactions, settlements, audit/ reconciliation activities and/or other activities in accordance with established priorities and deadlines on a timely, accurate and efficient basis.
- Resolve discrepancies/ exceptions that deal with non-routine situations, referred from other team members.
- Investigate and resolve or make recommendations to the manager on more complex, non-routine issues relating to internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries or requests, business process efficiency and quality control within existing procedures.
- Resolve escalated work or issues from more junior team members.
- Build productive relationships within the line of business (LOB) and other functions through responsiveness and support. Proactively work with others (i.e., on own team, shared service centre, other operational areas, or with the internal business partner and/or external customer) to ensure delivery of timely, quality and efficient fulfillment activities.
- Provide advice to internal business partners and peers to support the completion of a process or activity within established procedures.
- Provide input and analysis into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team, and participate in the planning, testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/ services or processes.
Risk & Control
- Escalate issues that require resolution by the manager, as per guidelines.
- Identify potential risk situations/ impacts, and make recommendations or escalate to the manager.
- Review transactions and requests for compliance with regulatory and Bank requirements, as required.
- Monitor production logs and schedules to ensure key controls are followed and exceptions are actively pursued; escalate to the manager as appropriate.
- Provide information for regulatory reporting and audit queries.
- Ensure all appropriate authorizations/ approvals are obtained in accordance with policies and controls.
- Ensure adherence to all aspects of FirstPrinciples, Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Corporate Policy, as well as all applicable legislation, regulatory rules and requirements, and Bank standards, policies and procedures (P&Ps) for such things as potential conflicts of interest, safeguarding of customer information, trading in securities, anti-money laundering, privacy and disclosure of outside business activities.
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information to protect the customer and the Bank and to ensure compliance with Bank P&Ps.
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence in accordance with Bank policy for the prevention of loss due to such things as fraud or defalcation.
Business Performance Management
- Monitor service delivery performance, production processes and quality, providing reports to the manager for the purpose of optimizing operational effectiveness.
- Provide input on employee performance to the manager.
- Deliver exceptional customer service that builds trust through responsive, accurate, consistent, knowledgeable and available services and support.
- Align individual performance goals to team and organizational goals.
- Demonstrate behaviours that are consistent with “Our Way” model and aligned with BMO values.
- University degree/college diploma or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 3 years of related experience
- Good knowledge of standard desktop applications used by the business unit
- Good knowledge and understanding of the business unit’s key products and services, processes and controls
- Good understanding of the business unit’s risk and regulatory requirements
- Good knowledge of departmental systems and applications
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong investigation skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
At our company, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 195 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented and passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
To find out more visit our website at www.bmo.com/careers .
BMO Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.
Primary Location Canada-Quebec-Montreal
Organisation Global Product Operations-X000070
Job Posting 08/13/15
Unposting Date Ongoing
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Montreal, QC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16