OverviewBMO Financial Group Associate, Trade Floor Supervision-Volcker Associate Full Time in Toronto, ON
BMO Financial Group
Branch Toronto ON CA
Associate, Trade Floor Supervision-Volcker Associate
Familiarity with Volcker traded products exemption and exclusion requirements as well as covered funds. The role of the Volcker Associate is to interpret…
The role of the Volcker Associate is to interpret quantitative and qualitative aspects of trading desk activities to ensure the trading desk conforms to the requirements of its Volcker mandate. In order to effectively perform the role the incumbent needs to become thoroughly familiar with strategic and operational aspects of the assigned trading desks to be able to make informed judgments. The associate needs to assimilate information from varied sources. This data references different control aspects and may be ambiguous. Consequently a well-developed ability to make sound determinations from subjective data is essential.
The Associate will be required to work closely with other members of the Trade Supervision team as well as trading desk personnel. Consequently, a high level of communication including the ability to communicate effectively and succinctly is essential; as well as the demonstrated ability to function effectively as a member of a team. Trade floor supervision operates in a dynamic and challenging environment. The ability to effectively manage challenging circumstances, multiple tasks, and demanding job requirements are key attributes to success.
- Ability to assess data and make informed decisions and sound subjective judgments
- Experience in data analysis including understanding of statistics,risk or other quantitative metrics
- Compliance,risk or trading background preferred
- Undergraduate degree form a recognized educational institution
- Familiarity with Volcker traded products exemption and exclusion requirements as well as covered funds
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to work in a demanding environment
- Team player
- Bachelor’s Degree from Accredited University
- Strong quantitative,technology and finance skills
- Strong risk management skills,fundamental analysis skills and leadership abilities
- Ability to find and communicate ongoing events that affect or that can affect the market
- Delivers clear,effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others
- Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice
- Details and results oriented and able to prioritize tasks in a multi-task environment
- Demonstrated computer skills with the ability to learn new systems and spreadsheets quickly.Proficient in Microsoft Excel,Word and Powerpoint,Outlook,Bloomberg,Reuters and other market data packages.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities working in a fast-paced,highly pressured work environment
- Strong focus on meeting client needs
- Ability to discern trading desk dynamic
At our company, we have been helping our customers and communities for over 195 years. Working with us means being part of a team of talented and passionate individuals with a shared focus on working together to deliver great customer experiences. We stand behind your success with the support you need to turn your potential into performance.
To find out more visit our website at www.bmo.com/careers .
BMO Financial Group is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives.
Job Capital Markets
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organisation Business Services-X000015
Job Posting 08/14/15
Unposting Date 08/23/15
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-16