OverviewBlack & McDonald Limited Service Electrician Full Time in Vancouver, BC
Black & McDonald Limited
Branch Vancouver BC CA
Electrical FSR B trade ticket. The Service Electrician will perform preventive maintenance inspections on electrical and automatic temperature control…
The Service Electrician will perform preventive maintenance inspections on electrical and automatic temperature control equipment using results oriented strategies to ensure continuing operation. They will also be responsible for electrical and building automation installations and commissioning.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all electrical work, including:
- Electrical troubleshooting and minor repairs
- Maintenance, service and replacement or repair of motor control centers, switches, breakers, switchboard components, fixtures, branch circuit wiring, transformers, capacitors, and transfer schemes
- Electrical and electro/pneumatic control devices
- Start-up/shut-down of major building equipment
- Electrical installations
- Lighting upgrades
- Building automation installations, upgrades and retrofits
Competency Requirements (Skilled to Advanced Level)
- Change Orientation
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
Desired Skills & Experience
- Electrical FSR B trade ticket
- Extensive experience with BAS and HVAC systems
- Must be able to speak, read & write in English
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- Follow instructions both written and verbal.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times with fellow employees and customer.
- Accomplish all duties and tasks as assigned
- Maintain clear and courteous two way radio and/or phone etiquette.
- A team player, committed to working in a quality environment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
- Travel between sites in company supplied vehicles where necessary; some overnight travel may be required.
- Bending and lifting required; lifting under 30 kgs
- Must be able to work on ladder or scaffold at various heights
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black & McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring. Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family-owned business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder’s principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all. The company has followed a planned course of diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions. Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade contractor providing electrical, mechanical, utility and maintenance services to government, industrial, commercial and institutional markets. Currently, Black & McDonald operates across Canada, US and Bermuda. The company has over 5,500 employees working out of a network of more than 26 offices.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Posted on: 2016-06-03