OverviewBlack & McDonald Limited HSE Advisor – Site Full Time in Fort McMurray, AB
Black & McDonald Limited
Branch Fort McMurray AB CA
HSE Advisor – Site
Fort McMurray, AB
The HSE Advisor reports directly to the HSE Lead and is responsible for the project and people on site to be safety compliance, and the overall conduct of Black…
Black & McDonald Limited’s Western Canadian Industrial Region is actively seeking a HSE Advisor – Site located in Fort McMurray, Alberta.
Summary of Position
Primary responsibility will be to actively promote health, safety, and environmental culture to all levels of employees with the assistance of policies and procedures in accordance with company beliefs, policies, procedures, and objectives. The HSE Advisor reports directly to the HSE Lead and is responsible for the project and people on site to be safety compliance, and the overall conduct of Black & McDonald Limited’s performance as it relates to the designated project(s).
Duties & Responsibilities
- Follow all company policies and procedures during their employment at Black & McDonald.
- Only perform tasks and or use equipment for which they have received training.
- Refuse to perform unsafe work and agree to intervene if they see acts of imminent danger.
- Assist with the HSE activities as it relates in planning, procurement, construction and commissioning of the piping, mechanical and equipment installation on site.
- To ensure, on behalf of the Company, that all required site HSE policies, procedure and personnel are in place and adhered to complete the Project. In addition, to take corrective action where required to ensure a safety for all and protection of the environment.
- Execute the Projects in accordance with Company Corporate Policy.
- To represent the Company and communicate with the Client on a daily basis and to representative the Company in a professional manner.
- To lead with development and implementation of the EH&S programs.
- This position will be 80% field and 20% office.
- Assist, advise and work with manager(s) and supervisors with;
- Hazard identification and control
- Training requirements
- Maintain various safety databases as required
Desired Skills & Experience
Competency Requirements (Advanced – Expert Level)
- Change Management
- Communicates Effectively
- Continuous Learning
- Customer Focus
- Holds Self and Others Accountable
- Problem Solving and Innovation
- Stategic Perspective
- Maximizes Team Effectiveness
- Maximizes Business Performance
- Coaches & Develops
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Values and Respects Others
Education & Skill Requirements
- 3 years + HSE experience, NCSO certificate/or Equivalent
- Experience in the industrial construction industry
- Working knowledge of OH&S regulations (specific to the construction industry)
- Proficient in Microsoft basic suite of programs (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Organizational and leadership skills
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Your working knowledge of related legislation and the ability to interpret the regulations and laws is an asset.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, in a team environment with great attention to detail
- You have the capacity to problem solve and thrive in high pressure situations
- Ability to influence staff at various levels to promote loss prevention.
- Valid class 5 drivers’ license (with clean abstract)
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS)
Certifications not required, but considered an asset:
- H2S Alive
- First Aid
- Fall Protection
- Aerial Work Platform (AWP)
- Certified Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
- HSE Certificate
- Confined Space
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black & McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring. Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family-owned business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder’s principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all. The company has followed a planned course of diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions. Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade contractor providing electrical, mechanical, utility and maintenance services to government, industrial, commercial and institutional markets. Currently, Black & McDonald operates across Canada and the United States. The company has over 3,000 employees working out of a network of more than 20 offices.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Fort McMurray, AB, CA
Posted on: 2015-03-21