OverviewBlack & McDonald Limited ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
Black & McDonald Limited
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
Verify and match Purchase Orders to applicable Invoices. Maintain informational spreadsheets for utility vendors, month end invoices and yearend accruals….
Reporting to the Regional Controller and Western Canada Shared Services Supervisor, this exciting opportunity will work within our Western Canada Shared Services Team and is responsible for vouchering and paying all Accounts Payable expenses in a timely fashion according to the required regional timelines and within the pre-set Corporate Business Processes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Verify and match Purchase Orders to applicable Invoices
- Confirm coding on standard vouchers
- Voucher monthly employee expenses
- Follow up on old credits for payment and follow up and settle old credits with vendors
- Accurately issue cheques and reconcile payments within the required timelines
- Scan and index invoices into JD Edwards
- Identify and maintain various GL accounts related to additions, changes, regional differences etc.
- Maintain informational spreadsheets for utility vendors, month end invoices and yearend accruals
- Perform associated clerical duties including word processing, file and record systems maintenance, faxing and photocopying
- Attend related meetings and record, transcribe and distribute minutes when required
- Verify that vendors are in good standing with regards to WCB and insurance certification prior to payment
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships by responding to customer inquiries and resolving any issues in a courteous and prompt manner
Desired Skills & Experience
- Accounting diploma or working towards one would be considered an asset
- Proficient use of Mircrosoft Office Suite
- JD Edwards software experience would be considered an asset
- Organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
In 1921, William J. McDonald and William R. Black formed Black & McDonald Limited, a partnership to engage in residential wiring. Throughout the years, Black & McDonald has remained a family-owned business with an uncompromising commitment to the founder’s principles of delivery as promised and fairness to all. The company has followed a planned course of diversification and expansion, combining growth and financial stability with ongoing investment in our people, and a willingness to pioneer new business opportunities and directions. Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi-trade contractor providing electrical, mechanical, utility and maintenance services to government, industrial, commercial and institutional markets. Currently, Black & McDonald operates across Canada, US and Bermuda. The company has over 5,500 employees working out of a network of more than 26 offices.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-12-05