Employment Type: Full Time
Posted on: 2017-04-02
Black Diamond Group – Camps & Lodging Camp Desk Clerk Full Time in Lodge, AB
Black Diamond Group – Camps & Lodging
Branch Lodge AB CA
Camp Desk Clerk
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, but not limited to Word, Excel and Power point presentation. Please apply directly at:….
Please apply directly at: www.blackdiamondgroup.com/careers
The Lodge Clerk is responsible to oversee and facilitate the day to day function of the front desk including the administration and check in/out of guests and arrangement of our guests’ Food & Beverages and accommodations. This important position includes clerical duties, filing, and interaction with both Internal, external customers and important Lodge communications. Implicit in this position is an adherence to and focus on Health, Safety and Environmental standards and regulations as they relate to all of our operations.
Duties and responsibilities
The Lodge Clerk performs some or all of the following duties:
- Position is to provide the following duties to a third party client of Black Diamond.
- Provide professional, friendly and efficient customer service at all times
- Maintain a clean, orderly and presentable office at all times
- Maintain a clean uniform and professional appearance at all times
- Check-in and check-out of guests and administration of all paperwork, forms and room keys
- Issuance of meal cards and room keys and controls of both
- Creation of signage specific to the Lodge
- Maintain accuracy of charge sheet
- Daily update of board account using Property Management Software.
- Verify that rooms marked as check-outs are cleaned and ready to sell
- Physically check and resolve discrepancies between Property Management Software (Orissa).
- Generate and submit daily reports to clients and Logistics office
- Receive, log, and facilitate maintenance requests.
- Receive, log and facilitate reservations
- Sign in and out of recreational equipment as required
- Provide late check-in information to Security on night shift
- Maintain stationery inventory and submit weekly order to Logistics Office
- Liaise with Security as necessary by providing dorm reports. Any security incidents must be reported to Lodge management immediately.
- On a regular basis, produce Dorm List and conduct Radio Check
- Maintain Master Key control and administer daily issuance of master keys to housekeeping staff. Any deficiencies to be reported to Lodge Manager immediately
- Operational issues must be reported to Black Diamond Management immediately
- Daily upkeep of safety and general information boards throughout camp/lodge
- Log and report all Lodge concerns in a timely manner
- Participate in safety and general staff meetings as required
- Ensure adherence to Black Diamond policy, Operating procedures and relevant legislation and regulations concerning fire and life safety, hygiene, public health, employment, etc.
- Maintain the highest levels of integrity and honesty in all business dealings, both internal and external
- Other duties, initiatives and projects as may be assigned from time to time
- Call Lodge Manager immediately for assistance for any untoward incident or uncontrollable situation happening in the Front Desk
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, but not limited to Word, Excel and Power point presentation
- Proven work experience with Orissa is required
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English
- Must be a well-organized individual
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to participate and upgrade training certifications including food safe, general safety and relevant courses
- Ability to work under minimum supervision especially during Night shift
- Work hours are 10 hours a day and can be straight shift or split shift (depending on Lodge)
- Work shifts are 28 days on & 14 days off or 21 days on & 7 days off (depending on Lodge and in compliance with existing Provincial Employment Standards)
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 2 years