OverviewBioriginal Packaging Plant Manager Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Packaging Plant Manager
To support their goal in building and retaining great staff, Bioriginal offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, plus other benefits and opportunities…
Packaging Plant Manager
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Reports to: VP, Operations
Bioriginal is a global leader in delivering complete nutritional solutions to the Food and Nutraceutical industries. With over 20 years of global expertise, Bioriginal has carved out a niche by scientifically combining nutritional ingredients from all over the world, directly from the source, to create unique and efficacious solutions. Bioriginal is passionate about nutritional ingredients and the health benefits they provide, discovering, anticipating trends and pioneering within the Food and Nutraceutical industries since 1993. Bioriginal has developed proprietary methods and systems to provide customized turnkey solutions for our customers that help them compete and win in a highly competitive space. Bioriginal is headquartered in Saskatoon, Canada with facilities throughout the USA, Europe and Asia.
About the Opportunity
Bioriginal has an excellent opportunity for a Packaging Plant Manager in their Saskatoon packaging facility, with room to grow. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the successful candidate will be an enthusiastic professional with great people skills, and plant management experience in the food or pharmaceutical manufacturing industry. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the overall plant operations and personnel to produce and package quality products in an efficient, safe and cost effective manner.
- Supervision of production and maintenance employees and day-to-day plant operations;
- Ensure production is completed on time at agreed upon costs;
- Management of maintenance programs with emphasis on preventative maintenance, with the established budget;
- Identify and carry out improvement opportunities to address throughput, equipment utilization, operating costs and inventory management;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts;
- Participate in cross functional teams designed to introduce and improve overall process and systems;
- Develop a knowledge on packaging business, manufacturing trends and an understanding of how technical changes may affect our ability to be competitive in our markets;
- Responsible for establishing all shift production schedules;
- Conduct employee performance reviews;
- 5-10 years of experience supervising production staff in food or pharmaceutical industries, (Packaging Environment);
- Preference will be given to those with experience in the mechanical operation of a production line including bottling, packaging and general production;
- Knowledge of GMP and HACCP is required;
- Competent in Microsoft Office software;
- Ability to work effectively as a team member;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
About the Benefits
This is a great opportunity to join an industry leader in the production, sales and distribution of food and nutraceutical products. Bioriginal believes in hard work, passion, honesty, fun and sharing of ideas. Every member of the team is valued and recognized for their contributions to the overall success of the team. They believe strongly in building from within and their recruitment objectives are fixed on finding the right cultural fit. Their values are their people and therefore they seek like-minded individuals who want to truly develop a career with a growing organization.
To support their goal in building and retaining great staff, Bioriginal offers a competitive salary and bonus structure, plus other benefits and opportunities for growth beyond this role.
If you are looking for a great opportunity to expand your career with a growing organization, apply today .
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31