Biogen Sr. Manager, Stakeholder Relations, Field Based (Western Canada) Full Time in Mississauga, ON
Branch Mississauga ON CA
Sr. Manager, Stakeholder Relations, Field Based (Western Canada)
•Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to engage key stakeholders including provincial drug programs, government officials, regional private…
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategies to engage key stakeholders including provincial drug programs, government officials, regional private payers, institutions, patient advocacy groups, and key HCPs that may be involved in access across our current (Multiple Sclerosis, Spinal Muscular Atrophy) and future therapeutic areas (Alzheimer’s, Stroke).
- Collaborate closely with market access team to ensure stakeholder engagement strategy, execution, and efforts are aligned to support product market access goals, therapeutic leadership, and corporate reputation.
- Accountability for representing Biogen Canada to collaborate with provincial drug programs, government officials, regional patient organizations, private insurers, and key HCPs on a regional basis for Western Canada (and national as needed) to develop and implement activities related to developing and strengthening relations, raising disease awareness, negotiating strategic partnerships and collaborations, supporting patient advocacy that are consistent with Biogen’s strategic objectives
- Develop and build professional relationships with key stakeholders at a product level (e.g. supporting patient advocacy input in HTA process, discussing product files with drug plans, etc.), at a therapeutic leadership level (e.g. managing key stakeholder partnership projects), and at a corporate reputation level (e.g. managing key sponsorships, key corporate communications)
- Build and maintain an effective network among regional and national patient groups and coalitions across Biogen’s current and future therapeutic areas; build interconnections between patient advocacy, drug plan access, and government relations
- Identify emerging patient access trend issues and lead the development of a strategic and organized approach for advocating for patient-focused solutions
- Have a deep understanding of the regional and national HC environment (access, policy and political) so as to Identify external challenges and emerging issues that may impact Biogen. Work with cross functional teams to recognize internal and external partnership/communications opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them; influence National/provincial policy development.
Involvement in pCPA negotiations with the MA team to ensure successful outcomes for patients across the Country.
- Develop specific communication tools and vehicles for the appropriate dissemination of information to the patient community, drug plans, and other stakeholders; support regional public relations need
- Integrate and align with cross-functional brand teams to ensure the patient voice, government and other stakeholder considerations are integrated into the brand plan and strategy, from pre-launch and through the product life cycle; develop and execute annual stakeholder relations plan for therapeutic areas
- Integrate with Regional and Global Public Affairs, Corporate Affairs and Communication teams to communicate affiliate needs, align on strategy and obtain approvals for advocacy initiatives, patient communications, etc.
- Role will be field-based with field travel requirements to serve stakeholder needs and head-office travel as needed to collaborate with cross-functional teams
Minimum 3-5 years of biotech/pharmaceutical experience in a government relations/patient advocacy/public affairs role.
- Experience in the field of outcomes research, HTA or health economics studies.
- Action oriented, works efficiently and methodically, constantly moving forward to achieve set goals. Strong collaborative skills and ability to work well with cross functional teams.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving, time management, organizational and planning skills.
- In depth knowledge of Canadian healthcare system and its different players/stakeholders
- Superior influence and persuasion skills to build strong customer orientation with the ability to build partnerships
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree strongly preferred, previous government experience beneficial. medical/pharmaceutical/communications/-related degree preferred
- Degree in economics or political sciences
- MBA or Masters in HTA preferred