OverviewBig Sisters of BC Lower Mainland Events Manager Full Time in Lower Mainland, BC
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland
Branch Lower Mainland BC CA
Lower Mainland, BC
Post-secondary education or training in event coordination or fundraising and/or at least two years’ experience in an event management and/or fundraising…
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland ( www.bigsisters.bc.ca ) is a non-profit society committed to enhancing the confidence, self-esteem and well-being of girls through mentoring. We are proud to offer our employees a supportive and positive working environment and our commitment to work/life balance. As an organization that is seen as a leader in mentoring, we look for employees who are committed to our mission and passionate about mentoring for at-risk girls.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced Events Manager, who will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all agency events (including the Spring Lunch, Big Sisters Luminary Award Soirée, Annual General Meeting and Volunteer Recognition Event), and some of our partnership fundraising events/initiatives (including the Grape Juice Wine Auction and Golf for Good tournament).
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Events Manager is responsible for:
- Execution and results of the agency’s annual fundraising events (including the Spring Lunch and Big Sisters Luminary Award Soirée) and the agency’s partnership fundraising events (including the Grape Juice Wine Auction and Golf for Good tournament);
- Execution and management of the agency’s special events, including the Annual General Meeting and Volunteer Recognition Event;
- Developing and managing event budgets, work plans and logistics including silent/live auctions, raffles, volunteers, venue, A/V, food and beverage, entertainment, and other;
- Recruiting, training, and supervising event and fundraising volunteers;
- In collaboration with the Manager of Marketing and Communications, developing event marketing plans and materials;
- Managing formal and informal recognition of event partners, donors, guests, suppliers and volunteers;
- Coordination of other third party fundraising campaigns as required;
- Assisting with writing grant applications and reports to funders as requested; and
- Assisting in stewardship and recognition of supporters.
- Proven successful event management skills, preferably in the non-profit sector;
- Post-secondary education or training in event coordination or fundraising and/or at least two years’ experience in an event management and/or fundraising environment.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills, including the ability to encourage and motivate donors, committees, volunteers and staff;
- Extremely well-organized and detail-orientated with excellent time management skills;
- Experience using a fundraising database (preferably Raisers Edge);
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft Office (including Excel, Publisher) and Outlook;
- Well-organized, mature, self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team;
- Motivated by our mission to increase the confidence and self-esteem of girls;
- You have a valid driver’s license and access to a car for out-of-office meetings and events;
- You have a flexible schedule, with the ability to work some evenings.
This is a permanent, full-time position based on a five day (37.5 hour) work week. Some evening work is required. Benefit package upon hire. Anticipated start date is mid-October. Please confirm your interest by submitting your resume and cover letter by September 13 to:
Andree Lalonde, Office Manager
Big Sisters of BC Lower Mainland
34 E. 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC V5T 2G5
Email: [email protected]
Fax : 604-873-2122
If your background and qualifications match the position requirements, we will contact you.
No phone calls, please.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Surrey, BC, CA
Posted on: 2015-08-18