OverviewBHP Billiton Specialist Strategy & Market Intelligence Full Time in Saskatoon, SK
Branch Saskatoon SK CA
Specialist Strategy & Market Intelligence
Identify and conduct in-depth analysis to inform views and assumptions on operating costs, capital intensity, project tonnage profiles and logistics of global…
Support the Strategy & Market Intelligence Function in providing internal and external industry insight and performance benchmarking to inform Asset performance, shape the Commodity and Corporate Strategies and develop commodity price protocols.
- Demonstrate and instill an overriding commitment to health, safety, environmental responsibility and sustainable development.
- Demonstrate commitment to the BHP Billiton Charter and Code of Business Conduct.
- Support the development of industry intelligence and perform analysis and competitor benchmarking to inform and enable strategic and operational decision making to deliver value and drive business performance:
- Deliver c ompetitor analysis, benchmarking and communication of key performance metrics;
- Monitor, interpret and communicate the industry news and events, identifying structural dynamics and signposts to enable business action;
- Support the development of industry insight and knowledge through the identification and delivery of in-depth industry analysis for the commodity.
- Under the leadership of the Manager S&MI Potash, support the development of the commodity price protocol :
- Develop and maintain supply models for the commodity including cost, margin and inducement curves for the global industry;
- Identify and conduct in-depth analysis to inform views and assumptions on operating costs, capital intensity, project tonnage profiles and logistics of global supply;
- Collaborate with the BHP Billiton community (Marketing, Regions, Asset) to validate information and develop insights.
- Support the development of the Commodity Strategy , and facilitate the incorporation of the strategy into Capital Prioritisation, Business Plans and Opportunity Assessments;
- Support the preparation of strategy and investor briefings for the Asset and Regional Leadership teams, Executive Leadership Team and Board.
Support broader PS&D activities (portfolio and corporate strategy development, business development, scenario development, etc.)
Behavioural & Leadership Competencies
§ Champion Charter Values
§ Ability to think laterally and creatively
§ Ability to think strategically
§ Commercial acumen
§ Communicates effectively and openly
§ Action orientation
§ Decision-making ability
§ Planning skills and ability to multi-task
§ Strong team work
§ Thorough and diligent
§ Strong attention to detail
§ Multicultural awareness
§ Degree in: economics / commerce / engineering / geo-science
§ Master’s degree and/or other relevant higher education desirable
Experience & Technical Competencies
§ Economic & financial literacy and commercial acumen.
§ Ability to operate in a data rich environment, extracting information and formulating views.
§ Strong analytical and modelling capabilities with advanced Excel skills (formulas, graphics, pivot tables) and proficiency with PowerPoint and Word.
§ Previous experience in potash industry a plus.
§ Ability to set and maintain administrative discipline.
§ Proven ability to promote teamwork, knowledge sharing and collaboration.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Saskatoon, SK, CA
Posted on: 2016-10-31